Mango vs. 4G

wezra

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Having come from a couple of years on Android I am finding the HTC Radar a pretty interesting phone. I wanted a change and couldn't decide if going back to Blackberry was a good idea or not... finally figured out it wasn't, so went with WP7 and the Radar.

My last Android phone was the LG G2x (a pure vanilla Android phone) which is very fast and has a much larger screen than the Radar.

All of that said, I have decided to go back to Android. I am going to give the Radar to my son who is an XBox kind of guy and will really like the live XBox functionality on the Radar. It just seems to me that WP7 is more of a consumer/gamer/social network phone than my G2x was. My interests are work and personal email and the web + I like fooling around with customizing with widgets.

The Radar itself is a great phone. It is anything but cheap (as some have called it here)... I don't see to many Android or Blackberry phones with a metal skin like the Radar has. And, the thing is built like a tank. Great for kids and teens. Which is where mine is going.. to my 13 year old. My changing back to Android is due to the OS not the actual phone itself. Anyone that under estimates the quality of the Radar is making a major mistake. It is one heck of a high quality phone. And, being on 4G I have found it to be as fast as my LG G2x. Their is nothing wrong with this phone what so ever. Yes, you don't have the option of an sd card, but I have a feeling most future phones will move in that direction. Simply because everything will be in the "cloud" and you won't need an sd card. So not a huge deal in my opinion. I see the Radar as a bit ahead of itself and nearly a "future phone" in some regards. Just my opinion.

Android_Al

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Simply put, the Radar looks like ****. It's white, to begin with, and has that annoying grey divider on the bottom that just seems unnecessary. I can see why you'd give the phone to your son - because it just doesn't look like a phone that should be owned by a working professional.

It's a shame, because it has such great specs. If it looked even remotely sleek or close to the HD7, with its minimalist look and wide screen, i'd buy it in a heartbeat, ESPECIALLY since Tmobile is offering a return program that lets you send back your old phone ($100 value) along with a $50 rebate. The special is only for the Radar and is going on until Jan. 10. Makes it very tempting. If this phone only came in black!

That being said, I desperately want a WP7 phone, but the two newest Tmobile models - the Radar and the upcoming Lumia 710 - both look inferior to other phones. Makes me want a Lumia 800 real bad. Anyone know of any other upcoming WP7 phones for Tmo?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I live in an HSPA+ area for T-Mobile and switched from a MyTouch 4G to the HD7. T-Mobile's 3G is fast enough (7.2 MBPS theoretical) that I really didn't notice the slower data speeds. If the larger screen (though lower quality screen) and more on board memory (16GB HD7 vs. 8GB Radar) are important to you, get the HD7. However, the HD7 is one of the shoddiest phones I have ever felt build quality wise. I have a Titan now, and if the Radar is similar to it at all (which it is if I recall correctly), the build on the Radar will blow the HD7 out of the water. Or you could wait it out a few more days and get a Lumia 710.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb