few questions about the the OS and apps

aurizen

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
OK my 1st question is when WP8 comes out would we have to get another phone or will it come via update?

2nd question, how come the apps suck (phone has great potential) but the apps arent appealing like the apps on IOS why wont the devs port them to windows phone?

I am actually thinking about switching to Iphone soon, what should I do?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
1 - As far as anyone knows all current 1st and 2nd gen devices will receive the next scheduled updates (Tango/Apollo).

2 - Small marketshare means small developer support. In time more apps will come.

3 - Get a Windows Phone of course! :p Get one before the 31st and you can get a $25 dollar app gift card.

aurizen

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
well I already have a windows phone the HTC HD7 i love the phone but the apps.. just aren't like iPhone and i have an ipod touch 2nd gen and they have so many apps and games i want to play but cant since it isn't supported so i was thinking of getting the next iPhone that comes out, the iPhone 5 and then leave my HTC HD7 and use the iPhone.

SuperSport

Mar 25, 2008
Visit site
well I already have a windows phone the HTC HD7 i love the phone but the apps.. just aren't like iPhone and i have an ipod touch 2nd gen and they have so many apps and games i want to play but cant since it isn't supported so i was thinking of getting the next iPhone that comes out, the iPhone 5 and then leave my HTC HD7 and use the iPhone.
Yeah, I heard the iPhone 5 will have an updated volume rocker and a calculator that says the answer in a nearly human voice. Definately worth the upgrade... :confused:

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
yea and i hear it will be 4g LTE
If you gonna get iPhone just because is 4g LTE then you should know that with the next updates, WP7.5 (WP 8) will support LTE and are way cheap (some of them). And the market is growing every day, so before New Year will be sure above 50k. It's your choice, but i can only say that iPhone is nothing else but expensive fancy phone and the options are the same like WP 7.5...

aurizen

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting.. But, i wont get an iphone just because it will be 4g i just want one because i like the apps they have and having one i can carry around 1 thing, since I carry an ipod and my phone I was thinking i could get an Iphone and use it as a phone and I can have all the apps and music all on one device and i love my ipod touch so an Iphone would be great for me to have.

But I will wait it out to get an Iphone when my contract expires by then Tmobile may have Iphone.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
People always talk about how the apps are so much greater on the iPhone. And while it is true, there are a few stellar apps, the truth is, the vast majority are horrible stupid silly apps.

Seriously, what apps are stellar on the iPhone that you use that is not available in some form on the WinPhone7 system? I am really curious.

aurizen

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Not so much apps, but mostly games, i play a lot of IOS games and my ipod touch 2nd gen doesn't support them and i dont want to get another itouch and carry 2 devices in my pocket so i was thinking to get an iphone 5 when it comes out.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
People always talk about how the apps are so much greater on the iPhone. And while it is true, there are a few stellar apps, the truth is, the vast majority are horrible stupid silly apps.

Seriously, what apps are stellar on the iPhone that you use that is not available in some form on the WinPhone7 system? I am really curious.

Infinity Blade I

Infinity Blade II :D

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It sounds kinda like you'd already made your mind up, I'm not sure why you bothered asking.

Regarding apps, there are some excellent games/apps on WP7, though admittedly there are more on iOS and always will be, the lead they have built up will last a while yet. That said the WP Marketplace had a 400% increase in apps this year which is a good boost, and better adoption will drive more development.

I would suggest you would be better served looking at iPhone based forums, if you can avoid ****** based ones you may find that the iPhone route is not quite as rosy as it's made out to be. But, if it's games you want then iOS is the right choice.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The main tghing that came close to intresting me in the iphone 4s was the idea of 64gb storage memory not that I need it by any stretch of th imagination just te thought that i could get it it. And with my wife and daughter having one it would make some small degree of sense to hsve one but I'd raher have a 32 or 64 gb WP I am hoping that the 900 or the TITANesqe HTC LTE WP will have 32 gb storage memory again I dont need it but its just the thought of it being available.

aurizen

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
That 400% increase of apps suck there is nothin good on their. So when T-mobile gets the iphone i will get it once my contract expires..

but WP7 will have 4g from what the other person above said earlier so that intrigues me. will it be for my HD7? My internet sucks and i have 3g and its horrible. I think its my area not quite sure. Maybe the 4g might make my internet run a little better and in college i get 2g signal.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Both the hardware and software have to support 4G LGE together. Maybe your phone has 4G LTE hardware support, maybe not, what type of phone do you have?

Note, if your carriers local 3G network sucks, I would expect there 4G to suck too. Use WiFi then!

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
There are no LTE WP7 phones out yet. The "4G" phones that are out now (Titan, Focus S, Focus Flash, Radar) are not upgradeable to LTE, nor are the first generation phones upgradeable to either "4G" or LTE. This is a hardware limitation.

aurizen

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
so even a phone that's 4g isn't LTE? interesting. so when LTE is available the phone wont be compatible with the 4g phone either?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes