Anyone actually just enjoying their phone?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its the time of gnashing of teeth and cries of woe it seems, when it comes to WP7. I agree things (sales) could be better but all the doom and gloom is a bit much, dont you think? Of course our resident haters (like our recent addition from Xda) are using this opportunity to "discuss" WP7 but frankly for me, nothing has changed. Still enjoy using my phone, its still stable, fast, virus free, and still just works. Seems like all of a sudden there is a dedicated campaign to kill WP7.

So is anyone else just enjoying their phone amid all the disaster stories and crystal ball predictions of the demise of WP7?

Edit: have to add this cos the usual attempt is being made to downplay the features WP7, pls don't let the obvious troll derail this thread, just ignore him and post your response to the original question, hopefully he'll get tired and go back under his bridge. Tnx! :)

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I know I am. My Radar is awesome, and while there a few things I wish were improved or changed (bug fixes really) I have no complaints and always love just using this phone (a first for me really). I always get a laugh when I can compare my phone to someone else's (iOS and Android) and they talk about smooth and nice my phone is. I've also yet to have my phone lock up on me or make me want to throw it against a wall (except for when TellMe can't understand what I'm saying lol).

I have a Nexus S 4G, an iPod Touch 4g, and an iPhone 4 (work phone) and I just love playing with them all side by side and just shaking my head in shame at how smooth and lag free Windows Phone is compared to the competition. There maybe an app or two I'd like to see, and (again) I wish Microsoft would hurry with these bug fixes, but I wouldn't trade my phone for anything.

CobaltDragon

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, and yep, I'm liking my Radar just fine. I bought it new off Ebay for $300 and signed up for TMobile's $30 a month plan for unlimited text and 4G data, with 100 min talk (I rarely talk more than 80 minutes a month). Enjoying the interface for the most part, liking the selection of games and apps, and love the speed over 4G.

WP7 has far from failed, it's in its infancy right now...and MS has the billions to develop on it, and lose money on it for years to ensure it succeeds.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
On Black Friday, I purchased two HTC Titans and one Samsung Focus S. My family members are enjoying them immensely. We have one Android in the house. The user experience on WP7 is great and that is what I paid for. The WP7 phones just work and work well. Integration across social media was flawless.

I did a lot of research before buying. I first started reading up on wpcentral in October 2010 and kept hearing everyone talk about the People Hub. You can't really grasp it until you enter your account information and things line up. I did not think I would like everything in one place at first. It is now one of my favorite features.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I like my trophy. I have had zero problems with it. I like the new wp os. I had windows mobile 6.1 on my treo pro. All is good here.

Sent from my HTC 7 Trophy

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Of course. I feel like concerns are more likely to be shared on forums like this simply because people want input from others in regards to a problem or idea. That doesn't mean that people aren't enjoying their phones or aren't spreading the wonderful WP news outside of this virtual world. :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Haha, strangely enough I pulled my phone out of my pocket to answer a text and the first thing I thought was, "Damn my Titan is awesome." The integration, the speed, the UI, it's all so unique and beautiful. The purple theme is freaking awesome. Lately I've been trying move away from things that are out of my control. If there's a problem, arguing on a message board simply won't make things better. Now message boards are a great way to rally the troops, but at some point you have to leave the boards and take your message straight to the source.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone a year and plan on getting a new WP7 device. I haven't stuck with the same OS since the WM and first iPhone days. Says a lot about WP7. I'm going to be happy to commit to WP7 for another 2 years once it's time to renew my contract!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Like you 1jaxstate1, I will be upgrading to another WP device.

Absolutely no second thoughts on that one.

I really do like WP that much. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's good news ThatTree, were you expecting another Windows Mobile variation ?

This is what most users seem to think Windows Phone will be like going from my own experiences anyway.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I still am enjoying my focus rev 1.3. Could it be better YES I am worried about that? NO It does most of what I want my smartphone to do. There are probably things I dont know that I have that would make my experience better. I will eventually find out. Sometimes I am just too busy doing what I have to do in my law practice to take the time to figure stuff out. I am diabetic so regular sleeping hours are a must as is keeping up with all the stuff I need to be doing to keep the diabetes in check (sometimes easier said than done) Hopefully the Nokia 900 will in fact get to ATT in March. We'll see about an upgrade then!

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Sometimes I just pull it out just to look at the home screen in action :happy:

I've owned/own devices that run all the major OS's and to me it's the slickest running eye-candyish phone available.

I wouldn't pay the gloom-n-doomers much attention although it's fun to listen to them whine. It's the newest mobile OS so it has plenty of room to grow :D

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've actually loved my HD7 since the day I got it, around 15 months ago. It's never out of my sight and I'm always unlocking it just to flick through the live tiles. Really looking forward to Apollo though... Windows Phone is doing a grand job as a smart phone, but my inner nerd is craving more features 'n goodies to play with. :D

And, yes, I have every intention to stay invested into Windows Phone, come renew time. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb