Anyone actually just enjoying their phone?

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I love my Focus S. I have many people noticing the phone whenever I take it out. I have a friend who owns an Android wanting to get a Windows Phone!

Sent from my FOCUS S using Board Express

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
I absolutely LOVE my venue pro. Its draws attention everywhere I go. The battery lasts me all day and its smooth as butter. I hear slack from iOS users and android and its gotten to the point I just laugh. If they want to talk beauty and intuition,not apps which are developed by other people, windows wins hands down. If devs started to create apps just as they did iOS and android, I don't know what those sheep will have to argue. Winning in a race for shortest battery life?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Its the time of gnashing of teeth and cries of woe it seems, when it comes to WP7. I agree things (sales) could be better but all the doom and gloom is a bit much, dont you think? Of course our resident haters (like our recent addition from Xda) are using this opportunity to "discuss" WP7 but frankly for me, nothing has changed. Still enjoy using my phone, its still stable, fast, virus free, and still just works. Seems like all of a sudden there is a dedicated campaign to kill WP7.

So is anyone else just enjoying their phone amid all the disaster stories and crystal ball predictions of the demise of WP7?

Damn straight! I'm loving the WP7.5 OS on my HTC Trophy. As a recent RIM refugee, I appreciate a stable, functional and capable device and OS! Let the TROLLS and naysayers go eff themselves.:cool:

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see people just tuning out the nay-sayers and enjoying their phones. My question is - does the cost of the carrier plan take away from it? Right now I'm on a T-Mobile prepaid phone that is literally costing me only about $2/month. So to go to a $90/month plan is a gigantic leap up in expense.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No. Just got my replacement HD7 and I've never had a phone crash this much. Can't find HTC YouTube in the market. Sound Enhancer still AWOL. Oh and you can't install free apps you already purchased from the phone through the Zune client. That perplexed me. Maybe the latest update would fix the crash issue, but it's telling me 7720 is up to date when I know it's not so I have to deal with their terrible update process to see if the phone I the issue or the fw update fixes it.

At least the keyboard hasn't closed on me yet, though.

Edit: Sent it back. This is where things like Apple stores come in handy. Flight on the sixth might not be able to get a device that works before then dealing with the carrier.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would stay with that carrier until they went out of business, or I died. I would try and find a Tmobile branded WP7 and use it. Two bucks a month is really hard to beat.
Nice to see people just tuning out the nay-sayers and enjoying their phones. My question is - does the cost of the carrier plan take away from it? Right now I'm on a T-Mobile prepaid phone that is literally costing me only about $2/month. So to go to a $90/month plan is a gigantic leap up in expense.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Issue with tmobile is that their coverage is terrible and that matters to people who use more than $2 day. Which is barely using the phone at all.

Tmobile plans with 2gb data aren't even $90 though. Those are AT&T and Verizon prices.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I stopped reading this board daily and moved on to a weekly schedule, and that certainly helps w/ my enjoyment on WP7. Too many incorrect & negative rumours floating around that snowballs into angry lynch mobs.

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

You really should ask about carriers and plans in another thread...

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Edit: Sent it back. This is where things like Apple stores come in handy. Flight on the sixth might not be able to get a device that works before then dealing with the carrier.

As a side note, I've found Verizon to be very good about sending a replacement device when I've had problems. They send you another phone and you use that package to send the old one back. Usually no more than two days to get the phone. Not as convenient as an Apple store, but I don't have to drive 2-3 hours.

As for the original topic, I absolutely love my phone. It's not perfect, but it does what it's supposed to do every time and it is smooth and fluid. I still play with my wife's iphone some, but it doesn't impress me nearly as much as it did when I used my motorola droid. I plan on getting another WP when it's time to upgrade.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
As a side note, I've found Verizon to be very good about sending a replacement device when I've had problems. They send you another phone and you use that package to send the old one back. Usually no more than two days to get the phone. Not as convenient as an Apple store, but I don't have to drive 2-3 hours.

As for the original topic, I absolutely love my phone. It's not perfect, but it does what it's supposed to do every time and it is smooth and fluid. I still play with my wife's iphone some, but it doesn't impress me nearly as much as it did when I used my motorola droid. I plan on getting another WP when it's time to upgrade.

At&t was amazing they have centers where you can walk in and exchange the devices, so you don't walk out with an obvious lemon.

Never dealt with Verizon before though I have always heard good things about them.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I would stay with that carrier until they went out of business, or I died. I would try and find a Tmobile branded WP7 and use it. Two bucks a month is really hard to beat.

But I'm using a Motorola feature phone from 2004. I can't even access the internet on it anymore. It's a real dumb phone. I have yet to see any smartphone plan as prepaid.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Coming from WebOS, I didn't have high expectations and have been completely surprised and delighted by Windows Phone.
Yep, I came from WeBOS as well (started with Blackberry), and it is amazing to think how much I have enjoyed it. Maybe the greatest compliment I can give it is I do not even miss WeBOS anymore. And I was all in on my Pre Plus, and really was depressed about what happened to it at the hands of Palm and HP. But, even if the open source works for HP, I am out. I spent almost a year testing Android, iOS, and waiting to see what HP would do with the Pre 3. I was nearly sold the first time I picked up a LG Quantum and made my AT&T shop turn it on. I was sold by the time I got to play with the Arrive. I love my Focus S, my Wife loves her Titan. I am WP for good unless Microsoft does something stupid.

And really, wouldn't we be missing something if there wasn't haters? The fact there are anti-Windows people out there is the best sign of it's progress. This time last year, no one cared. WP is a blast to use. Why anyone cares to bad mouth another OS is beyond me. But it is a sign those types of people are scared of the Metro Monster.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my second HD7 the first one lasted 11 months. this replacement unit the on/off button doesn't work. big fight with T-MO ATM. basically they sent me a replacement that someone else returned. with that said. the OS on the other hand is awesome. I've gotten Five people to switch over to it from both Iphone and Android.Though there are a few things that I whish they did over all the OS is great. the Info that I need everyday is right there on a tile. All that is needed is glance. If I need to see more I do. Really for a Mobile OS that is just a year old it's outstanding and it's only going to evolve and get better. It will that is, if MS makes shure that OEM'S don't dirty it too much.

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm Enjoying it very much. I've never used a single phone as much as I have used my Titan. HTC Titan + Ath-m50 headphones = Pure Bliss.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been on WP7 since July and have had a Focus and now the Titan. Both have been exceptional phones and the OS has only improved withe update. Soon we'll have Tango in hand and it will only get better. This is my phone OS until further notice. I just think it's the future and it's nice not to have a phone everybody has, for now. With app numbers growing steadily and advertising picking up it's only a matter of time before people catch on and look our way when they want to upgrade.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My litmus test for whether I like a device or not is if I still enjoy using it even when it has the occasional issue. My Lumia certainly has a few teething problems - probably one random shutdown a week, a weird autofocus thibg on the video camera, and the occasional power on/off cycle needed to hook up wifi, and I *still* think it's fun.

The OS still needs a few things, the hardware isn't bleeding edge, and the app support isn't as good as other OSs, BUT the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts (which I think is probably true of most Windows Phones).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077