Anyone actually just enjoying their phone?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Until yesterday when I seem to have lost landscape (accelerometer crapped out) yes? It's a lot less enjoyable in portrait only mode though :p

VZW needs to get on the ball though. If they redid the Trophy with a nice (quality lens, BSI sensor, fast shutter speed) main camera and a FFC, I would be content for a couple years. LTE would be nice...though their network seems to keep crapping out with it so I bet I could live on 3G :D

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Outside of wpcentral, I definitely talk up my phone to anyone who listens. I have my complaints that are device specific for the most part and a dead pixel, but all in all I do enjoy my phone unlike any phone I've ever had.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I love my WP7 OS but despise my Samsung Focus with a *passion*. Initially coming from an iPhone 4, the plastic build of the Focus was extremely hard to get over. WP7 made me stay though. Then I bought my Nokia Lumia 800 and the world was perfect. I had an OS I love and a phone I adore. My Lumia broke down and it's being exchanged for a new one now (sent it back to UK) so I went back to my iPhone 4. I couldn't stand taking the Focus hit again.

But since I am now visiting family, I took my Focus with me to show it around and get more people interested in WP7. I have been using my iPhone 4 for a week or so prior to that and using it for music and stuff during it. The instant I plugged in my headphones to the Focus and the first 3 seconds of the song came through, I was shocked. The sound quality difference is staggering. The Focus sounds like speakers being muffled by a pillow in comparison. I can't believe I never noticed that before. It's so bad it's truly shocking. I then put the same song on a family member's HTC Radar and the sound there was excellent (I even had all the HTC sound enhancements off).

I don't know what kind of cheap audio chip Samsung uses in their phones, but it's unacceptable. I can't wait till I go back to my iPhone 4 till my Lumia comes back.

Long story short... I still love and adore WP7. With Nokia phones, the experience for me is complete since I care a lot about design and build quality. I will *never* buy a Samsung phone again. The price they make you pay for that screen is too much. Everything else on the phone takes a hit for it.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I just read a lot of the posts here in this thread. Excellent stuff :)

The thing I tend to often see though is people that like to come in and show everyone how Android has all the stuff you like in WP7 and more. Yes, that is true. Android *can* do everything WP7 can and more. But that's not the reason why I don't use Android and prefer WP7.

I am a software engineer. I breathe this stuff. I am also not exactly young. I am in my mid 30s so I've been around a bit. I was a very passionate hacker (in the original meaning of the word) back in the day. I was the guy that took days to figure out how to get the X Window system to run on his new Linux install. I had to enter my monitor's referesh rates manually in a xconfig.conf to get things going. I loved compiling a new compiler (pgcc - pentium optimized version of GCC) and then using the new compiler to compile my kernel, then my tools, followed by my X Server (make world) and then compiling my entire desktop (KDE) with all the apps I use. Then finding out something isn't working right and doing the whole thing all over again.

I am not telling you this as a way to brag or anything, just that that kid that was me would have LOVED Android back in the day. I would have been building AOSP from scratch and make my own ROMs. I know what all of that stuff entails and it's not really that hard to do. Today though, after being a little more seasoned and experienced, I've developed an eye for well architected and developed products. I've seen really good ones and I've seen ones that *look* like they're good but fall apart as soon as you start using them.

The reason I love WP7 over Android is simple: It's a very well thought out OS with some excellent design decisions made. Android on the other hand has always been rushed, always. iPhone came out, destroyed the world and something else was needed PRONTO. Android was trying to be a BlackBerry alternative and they redid it in the image of iOS. But it was all rushed.

Let's take an example of how good design and architecture can have a better customer experience. Let's look at how apps work on Android vs WP7:

On Android, apps have a lot of power! They can run in the background thanks to "true" multitasking. That enables some seriously powerful scenarios. But there's a cost here. An app can be installed that stresses out your entire phone. How many times did an Android user have their phone be working nice, they install an app, and things go south? It's easy in that world. A developer that makes a mistake, or is just not as experienced, can do stuff in their app that affect the OS since it's running in the background. Suddenly, the customer has no idea why their phone is not acting right anymore. The answer? uninstall the offending app.

Now let's look at that scenario in WP7. No app can run in the background. The best you can do is have a background agent that gets run by the OS every 30 mins for a limited amount of time (25 secs or so) and can only use a certain amount of resources. So even if someone writes crappy code in that agent, they will only affect the system for a very short time. So you never get that "man...I wish I never installed that app... I need to remove it now". Sure, you lose some flexibility from not having things running all the time, but a smart architect targets the majority of scenarios over the minority. The truth of the matter that the way WP7 (and iOS) do multitasking gives the majority of the customers the functionality they need on their phones.

I can give other examples, but that post is long enough as it is. Android took the easy way in most of their decisions. That's not a negative on them really since they are always in a rush. But to a person like me, I can see the future of WP7 very clearly. They got the platform right. They made the right decisions and chose the right way of doing things.

That "core", if you will, is the hardest part to get right. Specially since it becomes astronomically more difficult to go back and make those changes once you have apps to worry about. Android would have a very hard time going back and making big core changes like this now. Too many apps depend on how the system works. The best they can do is make small changes toward bigger ones and use hardware progress to make up for the negatives.

The thing though... as android gains more hardware, that same hardware will always make WP7 faster in comparison. Always. It's just fundamentally better designed. The app gap between WP7 and Android is just a moment in time. 50k apps in one year is nothing to laugh at. That gap will close, no doubt about it.

To me, it's a brain dead easy decision to invest in WP ecosystem. Doesn't make Android bad, of course not. Android just has too many cooks in the kitchen (google, oems, carriers) to let it advance as fast as WP7 could, and will.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

The thing I tend to often see though is people that like to come in and show everyone how Android has all the stuff you like in WP7 and more. Yes, that is true. Android *can* do everything WP7 can and more. But that's not the reason why I don't use Android and prefer WP7.

I am a software engineer. I breathe this stuff. I am also not exactly young. I am in my mid 30s so I've been around a bit. I was a very passionate hacker (in the original meaning of the word) back in the day. I was the guy that took days to figure out how to get the X Window system to run on his new Linux install. I had to enter my monitor's referesh rates manually in a xconfig.conf to get things going. I loved compiling a new compiler (pgcc - pentium optimized version of GCC) and then using the new compiler to compile my kernel, then my tools, followed by my X Server (make world) and then compiling my entire desktop (KDE) with all the apps I use. Then finding out something isn't working right and doing the whole thing all over again.

I am not telling you this as a way to brag or anything, just that that kid that was me would have LOVED Android back in the day. I would have been building AOSP from scratch and make my own ROMs. I know what all of that stuff entails and it's not really that hard to do. Today though, after being a little more seasoned and experienced, I've developed an eye for well architected and developed products. I've seen really good ones and I've seen ones that *look* like they're good but fall apart as soon as you start using them.

The reason I love WP7 over Android is simple: It's a very well thought out OS with some excellent design decisions made. Android on the other hand has always been rushed, always. iPhone came out, destroyed the world and something else was needed PRONTO. Android was trying to be a BlackBerry alternative and they redid it in the image of iOS. But it was all rushed.

Let's take an example of how good design and architecture can have a better customer experience. Let's look at how apps work on Android vs WP7:

On Android, apps have a lot of power! They can run in the background thanks to "true" multitasking. That enables some seriously powerful scenarios. But there's a cost here. An app can be installed that stresses out your entire phone. How many times did an Android user have their phone be working nice, they install an app, and things go south? It's easy in that world. A developer that makes a mistake, or is just not as experienced, can do stuff in their app that affect the OS since it's running in the background. Suddenly, the customer has no idea why their phone is not acting right anymore. The answer? uninstall the offending app.

Now let's look at that scenario in WP7. No app can run in the background. The best you can do is have a background agent that gets run by the OS every 30 mins for a limited amount of time (25 secs or so) and can only use a certain amount of resources. So even if someone writes crappy code in that agent, they will only affect the system for a very short time. So you never get that "man...I wish I never installed that app... I need to remove it now". Sure, you lose some flexibility from not having things running all the time, but a smart architect targets the majority of scenarios over the minority. The truth of the matter that the way WP7 (and iOS) do multitasking gives the majority of the customers the functionality they need on their phones.

I can give other examples, but that post is long enough as it is. Android took the easy way in most of their decisions. That's not a negative on them really since they are always in a rush. But to a person like me, I can see the future of WP7 very clearly. They got the platform right. They made the right decisions and chose the right way of doing things.

That "core", if you will, is the hardest part to get right. Specially since it becomes astronomically more difficult to go back and make those changes once you have apps to worry about. Android would have a very hard time going back and making big core changes like this now. Too many apps depend on how the system works. The best they can do is make small changes toward bigger ones and use hardware progress to make up for the negatives.

The thing though... as android gains more hardware, that same hardware will always make WP7 faster in comparison. Always. It's just fundamentally better designed. The app gap between WP7 and Android is just a moment in time. 50k apps in one year is nothing to laugh at. That gap will close, no doubt about it.

To me, it's a brain dead easy decision to invest in WP ecosystem. Doesn't make Android bad, of course not. Android just has too many cooks in the kitchen (google, oems, carriers) to let it advance as fast as WP7 could, and will.

Wow, you sir, really know your stuff. Top post.

CocoaBlossom

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I read the entire thread with great attention. I've used windows 6.5, then i've switched to Andro?d it was good but not enough for what i wanted. Then i've switched to BlackBerry for 2 years and decided to switch...again ;)

I've hesitated between iOS5 (use it on my iPod touch) and WP7. I've finally choose WP7 and jeez ! i love this OS.This OS is intuitive, simple, really fluid. I'm a social network addict, the integration of social networks in the OS is just what i've needed. The Metro interface is great, i enjoy the possibility to pin everything on my homepage, even my fav music. The live tiles are awesome. Since i have my Lumia, despite the poor battery life (but i think the next update will correct that), i'm like a child discovering her presents on Xmas day. My daughter and my son have Android devices, both of them starting to look at my phone with envy. One of my friend who own an iPhone 4S is mad because my internet browser is faster than his. Yes i wanted to compare a couple of times and each time IE was faster.

My conclusion : WP7 ROCKS !!! and i'm a proud French windows phone owner.

roffleswaffles

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just read what Big Supes quoted... that really just sums up my feelings about my choice to go to WP7.5!

Also, is that an actual phone in your avatar, Big Supes? It's pretty hot...

EDIT: Okay, I must be on crack. Of course it's not.

Last edited:

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Those are some great words kinslayer. I like your point about using hardware to make up for the shortcomings in the framework and the amount of apps in the marketplace; that's a point I didn't even think about.

Le sigh

My post was a point for point response to someone else's post, so I'm just assuming you're trying to troll me and move on.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Troll you? Not at all. I'm just making an observation of you I've seen in this thread and sometimes in others.

For example: http://forums.windowscentral.com/1607231-post64.htm

I don't know why you bothered to trash that guy. Does it really matter if he thought Android was slow or that he prefers WP7's live tiles even if Android has them too? Who cares, it's his opinion and his user experience. The dude enjoys using his windows phone, regardless of whether he was aware or unaware that Android could do similar things---that's what this thread is about. It's not like this is a thread about the morality or ethics of important global events/actions that have life altering effects for societies or nation states. Sheesh.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't trash him.

The issue isn't how I say things but what I say. If I wad defending the platform at every opportunity you'd have nothing to tell me this is the case with most people, I suspect. In a realist. I buy devices based in usability, results, productivity, and potential I don't buy faith and hope. I look at things just as they are. I dont have time to endlessly spin my statements to spare to spare anyone's sensibilities if you're that sensitive, the internet is not for you.

The issue is that people make statements with the assumption that it's an exclusive feature when its not. They talk about live tiles as if widgets can't do the dame thing. They talk about social integration like android didn't have it for years before the platform launched. Etc.

A lot if people act surprised that the OS hasn't taken off, yet, because they don't realize there isn't much innovation or improvement from other systems beyond The UI. That is why people are still not giving the OS a hard look even with the tech media trying to shove it in their faces.

The only people that can convince Microsoft to cha ge this are their current users, who have grown complacent. People who don't use the platform will simply continue using alternatives.

Even obviously broken and subpar elements of the oS are fervently defended by most WP users, so it will be a while before it takes off, if ever, imo.

No skin off my back. I have lots of disposable income and can use whatever I feel like using on any given day. Getting contract phones and ETFing at will to save fifty buckshere and there off the MSRP.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Last edited:

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That's wrong. You're implying the wrong things. Android didn't redesign the user interface and device form factor just to imitate iOS. They did it because before the iPhone was released smartphones were the domain of business users who typed out text-only emails on QWERTY keypads and the iPhone made the smartphone a consumer device. The iPhone's release almost instantly doubled or tripped the potential smartphone userbase and as a result Android had to contend with consumer demands. Back in mid-08 RIM still had something like 53% of the smartphone market and without something to compete with BES there was no way Android could compete with Blackberry in the corporate sector. Therefore, they changed directions and focused on a now open and very accessible consumer market.

Consumers wanted powerful touchscreen, media-focused, devices with good browsing capabilities. Those are areas where both Windows Mobile and RIM largely failed (Browsing experience, capacitive touchscreen support, WinMo was better with Media but it still wasn't all that great).

That's not really a big issue with Android. Most users don't multitask on their phones like a PC. THey use an app, close it, and use another app, etc. The reason why this is a big deal and a win for Android (and even Blackberry for that matter) is because it opens up possibilities and allows the user to truly multitask applications that should be able to run in the background. You can background Google Navigation, or TeleNav, or MapQuest on Android and it will still give you all the Voice Guided directions. You cannot do this on Windows Phone. You can do that with apps like Glympse on Android, but no on Windows Phone.

Anyone who multi-tasks heavily on Android, those apps will likely be closed down by the system, anyways, to conserve resources. It happens all the time. Most apps that do that are clearly visible before downloading, because Android users are good for 1 star rating apps that restart themselves in the background or drain tons of battery.

While the apps is in the forground it's terrible code can still drain unnecessary amounts of battery, the app can still lag and freeze, and in some rare cases the app can still crash the phone. However, the design of the OS does cancel out completely logical and useful use cases that are possible on other OSes like iOS, Android, and Blackberry.

As consumers we should not expect Microsoft to function as the logic and decision making sections of our brains. We're ultimately in control of what we choose to install and use on our phones, are we not? Microsoft can always remove rogue applications from the marketplace, if they so choose, and if necessary - just as HTC Removed the Sound Enhancer which was causing Zune Media player crashes...

I want to be able to walk while having Navigation in the background and still be able to hold an SMS/IM conversation. I think many people would like that. I want to be able to MMS or EMail Video off the device without sending a SkyDrive Link or uploading to YouTube or Facebook. In the end I'd like at least the possibility of being able to use the WP7 device as my one and only device. At the moment that's simply not possible because the OS lacks basic functionality you'd expect even in feature phones in some cases.

I'm having a hard time taking this seriously. You're talking about a platform that supports only hardware from almost two years ago. Which launched with such bad hardware support and API availability that tons of apps were not even possible, and some still aren't without completely crippling them compared to their alternate versions on other platforms.

Microsoft got the UX *largely right*. The platform is still missing tons of features. Where they are shining compared to Android is in User Interface and Ecosystem (Windows Live is a lot more organized than Google's services and Zune is superior to Google Music+Videos, easily).

A friend of mine tried my HD7 and told me it looked unpolished, but he liked how smooth it was compared to my Vibrant (I carry both devices everywhere). He thought the UI looked like it was "put together in a weekend."

Speed = Great. Overall Polish... Beyond the home screen, many people find it lacking. Look at the Calendar application, for example.

Also, IRT the "powerful" android apps. They aren't powerful. The device is. You can try to Run Infinity Blade II on a launch WP7 device and it'll choke because the hardware simply doesn't cut it - the same way a stock eMachines can't run Crysis II at any respectable performance level. Apps are always at the mercy of the hardware on which they run, and of course the APIs available to the developers on that platform. That is why iOS and Android garner much greater developer support and mindshare. The possibilities of things you can do on that platform are greater, and the UI is such that you have more freedom to be innovative and differentiate there. I like to bring up BeejiveIM because it has probably my favorite UI for an IM application. It would be near impossible for them to bring that to WP7. They'd just end up looking like a Messaging Hub clone like all the others, for the most part. That gets boring fast.

No one said WP7 was terrible or bad, and if I thought such I'd have returned this device, cause I have enough of them already... I think the biggest issue with WP7 is the actual community. Lots of things will likely not improve soon, which need to be improved, because people are afraid to admit fault in the platform or UX for fear of tarnishing its image. Without criticism, no improvement can be made because no one will know where it falls short.

Last edited:

dragonide

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That's wrong. You're implying the wrong things. Android didn't redesign the user interface and device form factor just to imitate iOS. They did it because before the iPhone was released smartphones were the domain of business users who typed out text-only emails on QWERTY keypads and the iPhone made the smartphone a consumer device. The iPhone's release almost instantly doubled or tripped the potential smartphone userbase and as a result Android had to contend with consumer demands. Back in mid-08 RIM still had something like 53% of the smartphone market and without something to compete with BES there was no way Android could compete with Blackberry in the corporate sector. Therefore, they changed directions and focused on a now open and very accessible consumer market.

Consumers wanted powerful touchscreen, media-focused, devices with good browsing capabilities. Those are areas where both Windows Mobile and RIM largely failed (Browsing experience, capacitive touchscreen support, WinMo was better with Media but it still wasn't all that great).

That's not really a big issue with Android. Most users don't multitask on their phones like a PC. THey use an app, close it, and use another app, etc. The reason why this is a big deal and a win for Android (and even Blackberry for that matter) is because it opens up possibilities and allows the user to truly multitask applications that should be able to run in the background. You can background Google Navigation, or TeleNav, or MapQuest on Android and it will still give you all the Voice Guided directions. You cannot do this on Windows Phone. You can do that with apps like Glympse on Android, but no on Windows Phone.

Anyone who multi-tasks heavily on Android, those apps will likely be closed down by the system, anyways, to conserve resources. It happens all the time. Most apps that do that are clearly visible before downloading, because Android users are good for 1 star rating apps that restart themselves in the background or drain tons of battery.

While the apps is in the forground it's terrible code can still drain unnecessary amounts of battery, the app can still lag and freeze, and in some rare cases the app can still crash the phone. However, the design of the OS does cancel out completely logical and useful use cases that are possible on other OSes like iOS, Android, and Blackberry.

As consumers we should not expect Microsoft to function as the logic and decision making sections of our brains. We're ultimately in control of what we choose to install and use on our phones, are we not? Microsoft can always remove rogue applications from the marketplace, if they so choose, and if necessary - just as HTC Removed the Sound Enhancer which was causing Zune Media player crashes...

I want to be able to walk while having Navigation in the background and still be able to hold an SMS/IM conversation. I think many people would like that. I want to be able to MMS or EMail Video off the device without sending a SkyDrive Link or uploading to YouTube or Facebook. In the end I'd like at least the possibility of being able to use the WP7 device as my one and only device. At the moment that's simply not possible because the OS lacks basic functionality you'd expect even in feature phones in some cases.

I'm having a hard time taking this seriously. You're talking about a platform that supports only hardware from almost two years ago. Which launched with such bad hardware support and API availability that tons of apps were not even possible, and some still aren't without completely crippling them compared to their alternate versions on other platforms.

Microsoft got the UX *largely right*. The platform is still missing tons of features. Where they are shining compared to Android is in User Interface and Ecosystem (Windows Live is a lot more organized than Google's services and Zune is superior to Google Music+Videos, easily).

A friend of mine tried my HD7 and told me it looked unpolished, but he liked how smooth it was compared to my Vibrant (I carry both devices everywhere). He thought the UI looked like it was "put together in a weekend."

Speed = Great. Overall Polish... Beyond the home screen, many people find it lacking. Look at the Calendar application, for example.

Also, IRT the "powerful" android apps. They aren't powerful. The device is. You can try to Run Infinity Blade II on a launch WP7 device and it'll choke because the hardware simply doesn't cut it - the same way a stock eMachines can't run Crysis II at any respectable performance level. Apps are always at the mercy of the hardware on which they run, and of course the APIs available to the developers on that platform. That is why iOS and Android garner much greater developer support and mindshare. The possibilities of things you can do on that platform are greater, and the UI is such that you have more freedom to be innovative and differentiate there. I like to bring up BeejiveIM because it has probably my favorite UI for an IM application. It would be near impossible for them to bring that to WP7. They'd just end up looking like a Messaging Hub clone like all the others, for the most part. That gets boring fast.

No one said WP7 was terrible or bad, and if I thought such I'd have returned this device, cause I have enough of them already... I think the biggest issue with WP7 is the actual community. Lots of things will likely not improve soon, which need to be improved, because people are afraid to admit fault in the platform or UX for fear of tarnishing its image. Without criticism, no improvement can be made because no one will know where it falls short.

You say there isn't enough criticism vs WP.
I say there is such a thing, and what's missing is a little criticism vs other platforms. Especially vs Android.

Every WP user should know the problems he will find in this ecosystem.
Every user should know of the many crappy problems he will find in others.

You are the one constantly speaking about the superiority, for example, of the google engineers. Pheraps you are the one having a 'pro android/fan' point of view. And that's much of a troll attitude in a WP forum I would say.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Pls don't let the obvious troll derail this thread, not sure why we need a lecture on android in a WP7 forum (from the same professor), just ignore him and post your response to the original question, hopefully he'll get tired and go back under his bridge.

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
You say there isn't enough criticism vs WP.
I say there is such a thing, and what's missing is a little criticism vs other platforms. Especially vs Android.

Every WP user should know the problems he will find in this ecosystem.
Every user should know of the many crappy problems he will find in others.

You are the one constantly speaking about the superiority, for example, of the google engineers. Pheraps you are the one having a 'pro android/fan' point of view. And that's much of a troll attitude in a WP forum I would say.

Did you even read what he said? Come on man. Calling people trolls?

koolkid09

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Pls don't let the obvious troll derail this thread, not sure why we need a lecture on android in a WP7 forum (from the same professor), just ignore him and post your response to the original question, hopefully he'll get tired and go back under his bridge.

Dude, he's not a troll. He's coming from a perspective of owning all three platforms and not sugar coating flaws. I like his approach and feel more people should be straight up about these OS and stop letting their biases get in the way of the truth.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Not to derail this any further, but one last comment to N8ter. I don't actually see him as a troll.

The core difference between our arguments is that he is judging WP7 on what it is today. My post was entirely on the design and architecture of the OS and where that will take the OS in the very near future. Yes, today the hardware is lagging, no doubt about it. I'd argue that it doesn't actually matter since the vast majority if users don't do much past facebook, twitter and SMS. It's just a hard fact.

WP7 benefits from laser focus by one company with a clear direction. Hardware will catch up, no way around that. Apps will catch up. The OS, hardware and apps today have what it takes to serve the majority of non techy users as it is. We are the tech bubble, we are the minority. Don't believe me? Walk around the mall and looks at what people are doing with their phones.

In the end, there is Android for customers like N8ter, and WP for customers like us. This is not a zero sum game

nopre

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Still like it :) The battery life on my little VZW Trophy isn't bad. I often have some loooong days (2AM- 11PM) and rarely charge once I leave home. I have yet to have it completely die although it does go into the battery saver mode if I don't charge overnight following a long day.

:D

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I just read what Big Supes quoted... that really just sums up my feelings about my choice to go to WP7.5!

Also, is that an actual phone in your avatar, Big Supes? It's pretty hot...

EDIT: Okay, I must be on crack. Of course it's not.

:D Na, it's just a concept that was discovered in one of Microsoft's labs. . .

. . . A concept I need in my life! :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Dude, he's not a troll. He's coming from a perspective of owning all three platforms and not sugar coating flaws. I like his approach and feel more people should be straight up about these OS and stop letting their biases get in the way of the truth.

I think the problem for many is that N8ter only criticises WP, and a lot of the time he doesn't/can't substantiate his claims when they're challenged. He can't see past Android and lacks the ability to see Windows Phone for a unique platform that has it's own identity. It simply doesn't need to be, and shouldn't be like Android. I honestly couldn't think of anything worse.

Personally, I haven't seen one post of his praise WP. Not one. It's clear this is one way traffic which raises a lot of eyebrows, as people question his intentions here. And, let's be honest, if he thinks Joe Belfire 'n Co are going to be taking notes from him, he's severely mistaken.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

So saying you enjoy using WP7 is sugar coating flaws? And why is it whenever someone expresses that they like WP7 they are denying the truth, this truth being that other OS's are better? Is it not conceivable that WP7 has its own merits that an individual could enjoy despite its flaws, flaws which also exist in every other mobile OS as well?

This really is the problem, whenever anyone dares to say anything positive about WP7 this poster jumps in and starts to detail how whatever feature WP7 has is already on android, is better on android, faster on android, etc so we could not possibly enjoy using that feature on WP7 so we are "biased" and not seeing the "truth". Android according to him has no flaws (well he hasn't mentioned any so far), is just so much better than WP7 and we are all sharing a mass hallucination and are lying when we say we like WP7 and he of course is the only one who can save us and show us the folly of our ways.

Sorry, I enjoy WP7 even though its not perfect, and that was the purpose of this thread, that even with the flaws, predictions of doom and gloom whether you still actually just enjoyed using the OS, and no mention was made of android in my original question. Going to extreme lengths to preach the virtues of android seems a bit out of place in this discussion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077