Tagging People in Your Facebook Status?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to tag people in your Facebook status from your phone? My sister is still mad at me for talking her into the Trophy instead of the iPhone, and another bullet in her arsenal is that she can't tag people in her statuses, like people on iPhones can. I haven't been able to find a way, but I've missed some pretty simple features before.

Thanks!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
You can do that with the iphone? Grrr why does the app sucks so much.

According to my sister, they can. Apparently, everyone at her work can do it. It just doesn't make sense that we can tag people in pictures, but not statuses. I would understand the other way around...

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they add this kind of functionality in the next update. I want to be able to tag people in check ins too!

Also,having Foursquare integrated into the OS would be sweet!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they add this kind of functionality in the next update. I want to be able to tag people in check ins too!

I could have SWORN that we could tag people in check-ins. I wonder what I'm thinking of...

Btw, even my WinMo 6.5 can do tag people in check-ins.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I don't do a tun of Facebook stuff buy is this what you are talking about? Go in to pictures pick a picture then chose the 3 dot menu chose share then Facebook you will see a tag+ symbol at the bottom chose it it will ask you to chose the face the takes you to contacts to add the person then add comment more tags whatever then send. Is that what you are trying to do?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't do a tun of Facebook stuff buy is this what you are talking about? Go in to pictures pick a picture then chose the 3 dot menu chose share then Facebook you will see a tag+ symbol at the bottom chose it it will ask you to chose the face the takes you to contacts to add the person then add comment more tags whatever then send. Is that what you are trying to do?

Nah, that's regular picture tagging. What the Topic Creator wants is tagging a person in the status you make in the Me tile.

We could just have the official app updated with the ability but the developers of the official app as lazy as heL.L. We should had gotten a new update when the Timeline was created, Apple and Google got one, I think even Rim, why no us?

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
There is no official App for WP. Both the inbuilt experience and the 'Official' app are built by Microsoft.

I think until WP gets more steam, thats how it will be and while Microsoft has updated the FB app from time to time, its not been enough to stay ahead of what Facebook has done with the iPhone and Android apps.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I could have SWORN that we could tag people in check-ins. I wonder what I'm thinking of...

Btw, even my WinMo 6.5 can do tag people in check-ins.

You can tag people in check-ins using the Facebook app. I don't know why the Me tile check-in function doesn't allow tagging. That's one of the only reasons I still use the app.

will_solo

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Ugh... I have the same problem. I have my girlfriend do the check-ins and then tag me on it from her Blackberry 9900 (So 2007). I love my phone but little things like this irritate me.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You also cannot "Like" nor click on links inside a post's comments. I honestly can't recommend Windows Phone for heavy Facebook users. Nothing but frustrations there. The touch or mobile Web versions don't make up for this.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
You also cannot "Like" nor click on links inside a post's comments. I honestly can't recommend Windows Phone for heavy Facebook users. Nothing but frustrations there. The touch or mobile Web versions don't make up for this.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

I've noticed that, too. I thought this phone was supposed to be the ultimate Facebook phone (chat built in, news feed in the people hub/groups, etc.). Sadly, it lacks fairly basic functions that are found in the other two mobile OSes.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to access the full facebook site so that u can tag people? i know if i view some fan pages sometimes it loads the full fb page but if i go to the home page from that full page it loads up the mobile page :(

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to access the full facebook site so that u can tag people? i know if i view some fan pages sometimes it loads the full fb page but if i go to the home page from that full page it loads up the mobile page :(
Just make sure you select "Desktop version" as your Website preference in the IE Settings. Then just go to www.facebook.com and it will load the full page.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I just found a even better way to solve this issue in the browser go to iPhone.facebook.com it lets you tag people in statuses and everything its better than the fb app

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos