2 things- Bluetooth and Playing MP4s

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
1) Had dinner today with family and my sister in-law wanted to share some pictures of littles ones. So I figure let me try Bluetooth on my Titan, great, right? Well it was a frustrating experience. Her phone is a small Samsung not even two years old give or take. So I turn on my Bluetooth and there is nothing else to do it just searches and phone is discoverable. Well it would not come up with her phone. Her phone found my phone in bluetooth she typed in a code pressed ok. I got no prompt on my phone at all. Her phone name came up in the list and it said not supported. At her end said link failed or something.
Am I doing something wrong?

2) So days ago I recorded a video from my Phone (Titan). I must of had it set to upload to my Skydrive. Today I went looking for that video and it was not on the phone it was on Skydrive. Ok so I try to play the file so I can view on my phone. After a couple mins of sayin its connecting it came back saying this file is not viewable on your device? The other think I saw was on the pop up menu at the bottom of the screen it showed a download option but it was greyed out.
Again what am I doing wrong?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, Bluetooth file transfer is not currently supported on WP. Yes, I agree its dumb would like to see it implemented. An option is to email the file. But BT would be easier.

Not sure on the MP4, but are you looking in the right place for the video. It should be in your Music+Video hub. Even if it uploaded to SkyDrive it should still be on your device. I don't automatically upload to SkyDrive so not sure, but when I did have it active for photos, only a copy was uploaded.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
2) So days ago I recorded a video from my Phone (Titan). I must of had it set to upload to my Skydrive. Today I went looking for that video and it was not on the phone it was on Skydrive. Ok so I try to play the file so I can view on my phone. After a couple mins of sayin its connecting it came back saying this file is not viewable on your device? The other think I saw was on the pop up menu at the bottom of the screen it showed a download option but it was greyed out.
Again what am I doing wrong?

Im not sure if it's related or not, but I am unable to play .mp4's sent to my Titan via email or IM (WhatsApp).

EDIT: I just uploaded a video I recorded to Skydrive and it did play fine. My issue seems to only be email/IM.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious how the video got from your phone to SkyDrive but isn't still on your phone. Are you sure you didn't add the file to SkyDrive some other way? If you recorded it on your phone regardless what happened after that it should still be on your phone unless you deleted it. Did you upload it to SkyDrive them delete it from your camera roll? What I'm thinking is that somehow during the upload the file got degraded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3