Visual Voicemail on AT&T - Titan II or Nokia 900?

wp7fanfromdc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys!

I'm wondering if any of the press announcements revealed whether or not Windows Phone visual voicemail will arrive on AT&T with the HTC Titan II or the Nokia Lumia 900?

My line of work requires me to be on the phone all the time. I get a ton of phone calls and make a ton more. I need visual voicemail - after seeing how it works on the iPhone and BlackBerry platforms, it's a requirement for me...but I also love WP7. That's been my ONLY gripe about the platform, and what keeps me going back to iPhone. (I keep switching from micro-SIM to SIM at the AT&T every couple of weeks! :p )

I know that T-Mobile offers visual voicemail on the Lumia 710 and the HTC Radar, but I'd like to stick with AT&T. Sprint doesn't offer it, and Verizon doesn't offer it. On AT&T, I am limited to the iPhone, any current BlackBerry, and the HTC Vivid & Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Android phones.

Any idea when this feature (that is already part of Windows Phone) will be unlocked by AT&T? I'm even willing to pay for it...I just don't understand why a $29.99 BlackBerry Curve gets to have it, but a Samsung Focus S or HTC Titan do not.

Just curious! Thanks! :)

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Only AT&T, Microsoft and their OEM partners know the answer to that. Hopefully they'll have something to announce at MWC next month.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Its is hillarious that AT&T doesn't have Visual Voicemail yet and T-Mobile has had it since the launch of Mango yet gets the cold shoulder with devices.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Every AT&T LTE device has had Visual Voicemail, so far. Lets see if AT&T has another excuse this time (or just plain out ignores WP7).

wp7fanfromdc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just ditched my Samsung Focus S for a Nokia Lumia 710 on T-Mobile. I gotta say, I'm pretty excited about it - I have been using visual voicemail today, and it was WORTH IT. A must-have feature for me...and now I pay $80/mo for unlimited everything. A great choice; T-Mobile earned my business by turning this feature on.

Thanks so much for your help! I love my Windows Phone!!

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
AT&T stated they were working on bringing it to Windows phone back with Mango (sept/oct). Its built into the software, so its just up to AT&T to update their backend now. Why is it taking so long? Thats a damn good question, and you should call them/chat them and complain. Post on their boards ect.

Hypnopottamus

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Another option is to have your calls forwarded to a Google Voice account and use the free Go Voice app available in the Marketplace. It can show transcribed voicemail. Have it set up to only do voicemail.

I will say that I too am waiting for the Lumia 900 to be released. I have an Android now and use Google Voice and it works rather well.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Its is hillarious that AT&T doesn't have Visual Voicemail yet and T-Mobile has had it since the launch of Mango yet gets the cold shoulder with devices.

Geez heres how it works the only reason Tmo has the devices theyt have and any other carrier has thereior devices is because they make a deal with the noem to get them. So if you dont like the devices that ATT or TMo or whoever does/does not have iut is the decision of that carrier period. Why does Sprint not have more WP devicesa they spent their mountain of dough on the iPhone. Lots of similar examples Carriers commit to phones with their money or they move on to a device that may be the second choice. You gotta get there the firstest with the mostest as Nathan Bedford Forrest once said about winning a battle.

grossitch

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I really hope AT&T gets their act together and has visual voice mail ready for the 900. If they are truly a premier partner for WP, then they need to have this feature enabled. Hopefully Microsoft has nagged them about it too.

AT&T stated they were working on bringing it to Windows phone back with Mango (sept/oct). Its built into the software, so its just up to AT&T to update their backend now. Why is it taking so long? Thats a damn good question, and you should call them/chat them and complain. Post on their boards ect.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I inquired to their twitter support team, and finally got a response:

"No new news to report @ this time". The carriers wonder why people hate them. Funny how TMobile has had it since Sept/Mango release.

petercip

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The 3rd party VVM apps are useless for 2 major reasons:

They are SLow as sh*t...

They play through the speaker

Why in gods name would I want everyone to hear my voicemail?
And the transcripting is not up to par. Its usually so wrong in my line of work (medical) that i have to play it over the speaker, playing patient confidential information for everyone to hear.

VVM is the only thing I miss from IOS.

ATT has completely disappointed me in this regard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo