How Microsoft could gain an easy 5-10% marketshare with Windows Phone...

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How is it a glaring omission? Imovie on a phone is about worthless not to mention there are plenty alternatives out there

No there are no alternatives. I did a google search yesterday for "windows phone movie maker" and NOTHING. Show me one app in the market that does that, much less as good as Apple's or the premium Android ones.

M

mkr10001

No there are no alternatives. I did a google search yesterday for "windows phone movie maker" and NOTHING. Show me one app in the market that does that, much less as good as Apple's or the premium Android ones.

Hands up if you care about editing movies on your WP when you can do a better job on your PC?

*tumbleweed rolls past*

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hands up if you care about editing movies on your WP when you can do a better job on your PC?

*tumbleweed rolls past*

Haha, that's a tsunami of people headed to the Apple Stores to buy a phone that can do that. I know people who use iMovie regularly, so don't spout me that Luddite nonsense.

M

mkr10001

Haha, that's a tsunami of people headed to the Apple Stores to buy a phone that can do that. I know people who use iMovie regularly, so don't spout me that Luddite nonsense.

Yeah they use it because they can....not because they NEED to...they're just trying to justify to themselves why they bought an overpriced phone....plus I highly doubt that iMovie is the only reason why....

Learn what luddite means before you start spouting it.....

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they use it because they can....not because they NEED to...they're just trying to justify to themselves why they bought an overpriced phone....plus I highly doubt that iMovie is the only reason why....

Learn what luddite means before you start spouting it.....

Yes if that helps you sleep better at night knowing 35 million iPhones were sold in the same quarter then only 1-2 million Windows Phones were sold....

M

mkr10001

Yes if that helps you sleep better at night knowing 35 million iPhones were sold in the same quarter then only 1-2 million Windows Phones were sold....

Honestly, I couldn't care less how many iPhone or Windows Phones were sold....It REALLY doesn't bother me a jot. I have no affiliation with MS and how many phones they sell doesn't affect me in the slightest...so take your snide and absurd remarks elsewhere

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

I don't know anyone that would buy an iPhone over another phone just because it has iMovie. I've never even heard of anyone using it. I doubt most iPhone users even know it exists. Plus, it's $5. Who wants to spend money on a video editor on a tiny phone?

Why are you even on this site? All you do is bash Microsoft.

Speebs

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So we're in agreement. Windows Phone is far inferior in doing the basics of what a smartphone is expected to do in 2012. Sure it has all those nifty live tiles and integrated social networking, but who cares if the map application doesn't work correctly or I can't create a movie on my WP7.5 and then share it on Twitter?

Um... people who have other interests than you. I don't need to edit movies on my phone or use Twitter... I use my phone as a phone to communicate with people and as a PDA.

L

lumic

My guess is that such a push could happen with Apollo, where Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 are supposed to converge to a certain degree and where we could get native code support coupled with better hardware.

So we're in agreement. Windows Phone is far inferior in doing the basics of what a smartphone is expected to do in 2012. Sure it has all those nifty live tiles and integrated social networking, but who cares if the map application doesn't work correctly or I can't create a movie on my WP7.5 and then share it on Twitter?
Basics meaning what an Android device does? The iPhone does not have a plus in mapping and I'm going to go with a Nokia device, which will have better maps in my country than Google ever will.

You create movies on your phone? Then share them on Twitter? Please, stop disgracing those of us who spend time doing real editing and rendering and refer to your creations as HOME VIDEOS.

If you're quoting sales numbers in a thread about possible functionality, you're doing something wrong.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Wow the people you know must be as dumb as you are if they enjoy using iMovie on their iPhones. I get irritated using it on my wife's iPad. I'd way rather use it on my MacBook. I'd rather use an inferior piece of software on a computer than edit videos on a phone. If you are so anti-Windows Phone now, why do you even come here anymore? [/TROLL-FEEDING]

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

The map application works perfectly well - I happen to prefer using Nokia maps because I just do - same as some people prefer OpenStreetMap to maps on iOS etc. And there is no native equivalent of Nokia Drive on iOS. By your logic, that would make iOS maps broken.

As for creating movies - iMovie on iOS is a great little program, but it is just for quick and dirty clip editing and I would be staggered if having it was a deal breaker for the majority of smartphone buyers. It is a shame that there's no editing app for WP7, but a real showstopper would be if you couldn't shoot video. Most people even if they have iMovie will still edit their clips (assuming they edit them at all) on a desktop.

zhelf

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
to get back to the original topic yes microsoft should start using their licensing muscle to really make some great WP games halo, gears and other exclusive titles will help.

The one biggest draw the iphone has over WP or android is the app support, and while some of the apps might not be essential or even interest me or you no one can deny that apple has more name brand app support than any other platform. And when the average person strolls into their local carrier they want phones that offer those big name apps such as official ford, Delta, or Chili's app, or lets say licensed celebrity apps. These are what is drawing people to the iphone.

Every platform has their advantages and i am fond of iOS, Android, and WP, **** i was really hoping webOS took off it was awesome! Android is starting to get more and more apps with name brand support as Google starts to reign in their fragmentation but it is still present and frankly the rate they release devices is just astonishing clearly devaluing their own efforts and causing people to upgrade or root since the skin the device os and make it carrier specific so it falls off the face of the earth quick. And while WP has done this on small occasion (titan / titan 2) its still not allowing skins so that even the oldest phones can get support if their hardware can support it.

I love WP and windows and i love iOS and apple, and i love android i dont understand the inherit hate for other systems why is it everyone just wants to draw their lines in the sand and duke it out? be thankful for every other OS competition breeds innovation

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If I need to ever edit a movie it would be on a desktop/laptop (just saying) its awesome you can do cool things like that on a phone now but editing on a 3.7 inch screen will make me want to throw my phone against the wall.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If I need to ever edit a movie it would be on a desktop/laptop (just saying) its awesome you can do cool things like that on a phone now but editing on a 3.7 inch screen will make me want to throw my phone against the wall.

Yet people manage fine on iPhone's 3.5" screen - just sayin'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05