Live tiles that are Live, but not really...

mt1202

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have ESPN.com and drudgereport.com pinned as live tiles (which is great by the way, no complaints), except that the live tiles are a small screenshot from the day that the live tiles were pinned (by the looks of the ESPN tile, it was still baseball season). I would like it if the tiles updated daily to show a screenshot of the current view of the website. Its not a big deal because its not like you can read the article or read all the headlines. But it would be nice to see a new picture/headline everyday that is more current (NFL playoffs/NBA).

It is possible to unpin the current tile and re-pin a new one but that's too much work.

Red Lemur

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have ESPN.com and drudgereport.com pinned as live tiles (which is great by the way, no complaints), except that the live tiles are a small screenshot from the day that the live tiles were pinned (by the looks of the ESPN tile, it was still baseball season). I would like it if the tiles updated daily to show a screenshot of the current view of the website. Its not a big deal because its not like you can read the article or read all the headlines. But it would be nice to see a new picture/headline everyday that is more current (NFL playoffs/NBA).

It is possible to unpin the current tile and re-pin a new one but that's too much work.
I assume you're talking about the saved picture when you bookmark web sites to the home screen as a tile (as opposed to the kind of live tiles that come with apps). Where it generates a thumbnail image of the page at the time you pinned it.

I'd like it if it did that too - it would only have to be e.g. once a week. It would keep the home screen looking fresh, but also maybe make you want to revisit certain sites when you can see things have changed.

It might be worth adding it to Microsoft's feature suggestion forum:
Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

L

lumic

That's hard, since it essentially screen shots your browser and uses that image as the tile background. How would it find a specific part of the site that would be suitable to update?

Seems like a better solution would be an app for the website that will have a Live Tile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12