We reach over 60,000 apps

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I find the app conversation interesting. I usually find what I need but what I find lacking are what I call the "speciality apps", apps that businesses create for their product. A couple of examples.....my credit union has an app for your account but it's only for ios and android. TNT has an app for viewing shows, same issue, only ios and android. GM has a couple cool new remote apps for their newer cars, again only ios and aidroid.

I know that as the marketshare of wp7 phones increase more of these kind of apps will be developed, I just hope I don't have to wait too long. :mad:

JD Miles

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I hope this is not too far off topic but I recently ran into this app which takes you to new editable live short cut tiles which I have found very helpful like getting three new tile pages. The app is in marketplace as "Lighting Dial Pro" check it out it does not just have to be for dialing.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Pandora says they has no plans to develop for wp7 ...yet!

Pandora Says No Windows Phone 7 App Planned (Update)

and when somebody develops a third party pandora app the pandora people break the apis on the thiord party apps. It would be nice if they are not going to develop directly that they would let other devs develop the third party apps to fill in the void. It they wont then they should go ahead and develope an official pandora app. Somebody should start a petition drive like happened with sprint and VZN for new WP devices.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to post something related... I was in the Apple App Store looking for a GPS util for my iPad2. There's SO MUCH GARBAGE out there! Most were 2 stars or below. Some even were "I'd give it 0 stars if I could" type reviews. Some were just front ends to an existing website. Many were thinly veiled ads with no real features unless you paid for the upgraded version.

I'll take our # of apps over the Apple one any day. Its not quantity, but quality! More power to WP!!!

Not sure if serious:

App Store - NAVIGON North America

App Store - MapQuest 4 Mobile
^ If you're into free Navigation.

Works on iPad. Both of them.

Sorry, but the App Store has everything anyone could ever need, and so does the Android market to a slightly lesser extent.

Not sure why you had so much trouble finding them. And just in case you weren't talking about GPS Navigation I want to say GPS Utility is a ridiculously vague term to describe any app.

Almost every service worth mentioning has a 1st party app for iOS and most of those have a 1st party app for Android. 397 0-Star trash apps per day does not grow a market, it just makes it harder and harder for people to find useful apps. That goes for any platform. iOS has existed for much longer than WP7 and so has Android to a lesser extent. It is much easier to find apps and weed out the bad apples on those platforms via ratings even though the app markets are massive compared to Microsoft's. Apple even makes it easier by Separating "Lifetime Rating" from "Latest Revision Rating."

Microsoft needs to do something to get popular first parties to support their platform, and really Skype should have been here a long time ago. They teased people a year ago about it, yet it is still AWOL while the app on other platforms is causing people who require that app to choose alternative platforms. It's just sort of laughable.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
and when somebody develops a third party pandora app the pandora people break the apis on the thiord party apps. It would be nice if they are not going to develop directly that they would let other devs develop the third party apps to fill in the void. It they wont then they should go ahead and develope an official pandora app. Somebody should start a petition drive like happened with sprint and VZN for new WP devices.

It's their service. They are not obligated to let any third parties access it. However, you're free to have an opinion on that.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I find the app conversation interesting. I usually find what I need but what I find lacking are what I call the "speciality apps", apps that businesses create for their product. A couple of examples.....my credit union has an app for your account but it's only for ios and android. TNT has an app for viewing shows, same issue, only ios and android. GM has a couple cool new remote apps for their newer cars, again only ios and aidroid.

I know that as the marketshare of wp7 phones increase more of these kind of apps will be developed, I just hope I don't have to wait too long. :mad:

Actually this issue bothers me more than some of the other missing apps. My local newspaper has iOS and Android apps as does my brokerage account. I will be much happier when WP7 is listed as having an app as well.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
... I hope Microsoft comes to realize this and drops the prices of their apps to better compete with other platforms. A lot of the paid apps I see in the marketplace are $1-$2 or free on iOS and Android.

I don't need cheap apps for my nice phone, any more than I need cheap gas for my nice cars. And MS developers are only competing with other MS developers for my dollar.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
1) Skype
2) March Madness streaming
3) Words With Friends

Please, let's not get into the race of "most" apps, let's focus on "most useful".

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Yeah these kind of apps are what will come last, so to speak.
Many of the developers as of now are using the lack of competition on the platform compared to Android and iOS for their benefit, just like it should be at this point.

Banks, regional media houses, buy and sell stock exchange apps etc. will come when there's truly enough of users. I don't think this change will be too fast and will vary a lot regionally, here in Finland we are in a fortunate position in that usually what Nokia does, media houses and such will make a app for that platform. Though it's long road till example banks will be truly supported.
My bank example got pretty much one of the best apps i have used on iPad and iPhone, not even a hint of WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077