T-mobile doesn't get it.

crystinonfire

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
If there isn't a live phone out, I ask the reps at my local t-mobile store if they have one somewhere else or can open one up for me, and they always do.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well the honeymoon between T-mobile and Nokia is over. They took the advertising of the phone on both offices near my house and replace it with the Sensation/Galaxy S II combo. I guess it was selling terrible.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Because people who make those comments think that mostly African Americans and Latinos are on welfare which also coincidentally is most of T-mobile's customer base. I've got a mental picture of who N8ter is and it isn't pretty jaja.

Oooh, I'm hispanic and pretty dark skinned so It's definitely more than just a stereotype lol. I still don't see how Welfare carrier makes it racist though, I don't really see T-mobile as a carrier for poor people since we have Open Mobile in here, T-mobile is seen as fancy actually :D

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Man, that sucks. Are people just turned off by the Lumia 710's specs (it doesn't exactly set my heart on fire either)?

The thing is that the Lumia here is 100 bucks and they keep it on the same place as their Free phones, So it looks expensive for no reason.

Also even worse is that I tried to take a look at the Lumia 710 in Radioshack since T-mobile doesn't have actual displays and Radioshack seems to had ditched T-mobile from their area =/.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Man, that sucks. Are people just turned off by the Lumia 710's specs (it doesn't exactly set my heart on fire either)?

What's so bad about its specs? They're exactly the same as the Lumia 800 other than screen size and a swappable battery. Right?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually they are quite different. The Lumia has a bigger battery, a better camera, better display (Same size though) and double the memory(GB).

Shark87

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well the honeymoon between T-mobile and Nokia is over. They took the advertising of the phone on both offices near my house and replace it with the Sensation/Galaxy S II combo. I guess it was selling terrible.

Could depend on the area. Here in NYC I'm still seeing the Lumia 710 posters in Tmo store. It could also just be that they got new promo material since its a new month.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually they are quite different. The Lumia has a bigger battery, a better camera, better display (Same size though) and double the memory(GB).

That's right. Sorry, I thought we were only referring to the core of the phone (RAM, CPU, video, etc). However, both the 710 and 800 should run WP7 equally well.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That's right. Sorry, I thought we were only referring to the core of the phone (RAM, CPU, video, etc). However, both the 710 and 800 should run WP7 equally well.

lol that's crazy, same processor doesn't make both phones had the same specs. That's not what makes a phone high end. The screen,camera and build quality is what makes a phone awesome. Hence why the iphone 4 felt more high end than the original Galaxy even though the internals weren't that much different.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I know a family who has T-Mobile. Every time I'm with them it seems like there's some place where we go where they can't get a signal and I can (I'm on Verizon). For example, in the local bowling alley they couldn't get a signal at all and I had a good signal. Also, in the Chili's here they couldn't get a signal, and I could. This is in the middle of a city with 200,000+ people. And this is just when I'm with them, so I imagine this happens at a lot of other places as well.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I know a family who has T-Mobile. Every time I'm with them it seems like there's some place where we go where they can't get a signal and I can (I'm on Verizon). For example, in the local bowling alley they couldn't get a signal at all and I had a good signal. Also, in the Chili's here they couldn't get a signal, and I could. This is in the middle of a city with 200,000+ people. And this is just when I'm with them, so I imagine this happens at a lot of other places as well.

I think T-Mobile had decent coverage when I was with them. It's the indoor coverage that sucks. I'll have decent coverage outside and then when I walk into a large building, no service.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That's what scares me. But my carrier is so awful that I don't even know what high speeds are. I can never stream songs in zune, had to wait a lot to see videos on youtube and the Xbox hub always crashes.

And that's when I have a nice connection, most of the time I just get error messages. Web browsing and app downloading is blazing fast though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99