Cannot sync certain Gmail folders - Why?

DvT093

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Today, I stumbled upon a very strange problem in the (G)Mail app on my Nokia Lumia 800.
When I go to Folders and then select Concepts, I cannot sync that folder, so that it would appear in the Folders menu directly (instead of having to press Folders, and then View all folders).
Now, that is a minor problem - which btw also happens to occur with folder Outbox.

But when I press sync, it doesn't see the concepts I made in my Gmail.
Also, when opening the folder, it instantly tells me that there are "no messages", instead of showing the text "Sync this folder".

I used to start new mails on my PC and then sometimes complete them on my iPod Touch, but this is not possible in WP7 apparently? Why are certain Gmail folders not synchronizable?

I recently got an update including fixes for Gmail synchronization, but it seems this problem hasn't been solved (or has instead been created by this update :p ).

PS. some contextual text may be wrong, as I'm translating my Dutch phone language to English. But you'll get where I'm going, I hope.

Once again, to kinda summarize what my problem is: Why are certain Gmail folders not synchronizable, and why can't I see my Gmail concept mails???

EDIT Oh and btw I obviously Googled this problem, but I only came across a different meaning of the word concepts: Design concepts of possible new WP7 features.
So that didn't really work out. :p

Last edited:

DvT093

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, well I hope someone using Gmail can clarify if he/she can actually sync Concepts. If yes, it's my phone and I'll try to re-setup my Gmail account on my phone.

So, someone else experience with Gmail? There MUST be someone. It's not a rarely used mailservice... :D

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
tumbleweed.jpg

Just kiddin... :p

mmaheshwary

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought a lumia900, and I am having the same problems. My 'drafts' folder doesn't sync, so any email that I want to start on my phone and then edit further in a browser isn't possible. All this used to be a breeze in iOS. I would love to know the answer to this problem as well.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like a Google mail, and not an issue with Windows Phone. Goggle has been a little hard headed with regard to WP. Are they afraid or something.

Call Google and see if they can figure it out. Oh that's right. No support. Never mind.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your folder settings in the full web version of gmail? You can change which ones are available through IMAP sync. I only realised this when I was in the process of deleting my account of course, but I'm fairly sure that not all of the folders were enabled by default.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked your folder settings in the full web version of gmail? You can change which ones are available through IMAP sync. I only realised this when I was in the process of deleting my account of course, but I'm fairly sure that not all of the folders were enabled by default.

This

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss