Where is the Bing maps traffic display now?

MikeNES103

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Since I upgraded to Mango on my Samsung Focus last September, it seems that I don't have access to the display traffic option on Bing maps, which is a big deal for me.

Anybody has any clue of where it's gone? I've tried searching on Google but I couldn't find any info on the issue.

I'm using a Samsung Focus on Rogers in Canada.

MikeNES103

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
It was right there before Mango, and now it's gone.

Maybe being a French Canadian user, I get once again punished by Microsoft for not living A) in France, B) in the US

At least now we have the Zune Marketplace (thank god), but still half of the Bing services are missing. It's really pissing me off.

MikeNES103

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
What phone/carrier/language/country settings do you have?

EDIT: I tried messing with the regional options. When the language is set to English, I have the Show Traffic option back. Whenever I switch back to French, the option disappears. It seems to be a bug since it was there before Mango.

After messing around a little bit, using WP7 with the regional option set as English US makes my phone feel like a very different and much more complete version.

It kinda sucks that so many services are that much limited because I don't fit in Microsoft's criterias. I mean not all French speaking people live in France, and not all North Americans live in the US... The OS might not be fragmented as much as Android but the services sure are fragmented by regions...

I didn't like my iPhone 4 (and that's why I choose to switch on WP7 on day 1) but at least it didn't have sh*tty region fragmentation...

</rant>

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro