Anyone still experiencing 'keyboard drop' after update?

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I've updated only automatically in response to Zune update alerts and my 36.9-GB Focus has operated nearly flawlessly since day 1 (I am still on version 7720). I've wondered how (much) all these improvised or manual updates lead to problems or complicate matters given our app-based installations where programs may or not be written to work with the improvisations and all their current or future interactions.

These are just some thoughts on troubleshooting -certainly not meant to be critical of the improvisers or those trying to get their phones to work properly.

And an acknowledgment that I have not examined/compared in any way the experiences of the auto-only vs. the manual approaches. ;)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, Tango is just rumored to bring new languages and some minor features. Kinda like Nodo, then Apollo will bring the huge update :D. Microsoft better announce it on Mobile World Congress because their lackluster CES performance let taste in my mouth so bad than I'm still complaining a month later.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
The update you got is a radio firmware update specific to the Verizon Trophy, not 8107. When you updated Zune should have said something like "HTC Update for Windows Phone". MS has stated that 8107 will be "available to carriers who request it." So far Verizon has been completely silent about 8107, so I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

So my trophy is allowed to get firmware updates, but an update to fix a bug needs to be requested by my carrier? What's this mean for Tango and Apollo, being on verizon?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, Tango is just rumored to bring new languages and some minor features. Kinda like Nodo, then Apollo will bring the huge update :D. Microsoft better announce it on Mobile World Congress because their lackluster CES performance let taste in my mouth so bad than I'm still complaining a month later.

This was the original rumour, but recently there have been talks around the internet camp fire of customisable live tiles, folders (equivalent), and other add-ons. I hope it turns out to be true. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
So my trophy is allowed to get firmware updates, but an update to fix a bug needs to be requested by my carrier? What's this mean for Tango and Apollo, being on verizon?

A valid point.

BTW, have you complained to Verizon regarding this?

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
If I did, customer service wouldn't be able to update my phone for me so it would be pointless to complain to them. Basically it comes down to this:
Other carriers= titan II, lumia, etc..
Verizon= broken windows phone.

annoyed_wp7_user

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
i got the update and the keyboard still disappears

All the update seems to have done for me is make the keyboard disappear a little less.

Oh and now if I click back from multitasking too quickly the live tiles pause sorta sideways briefly.

I can't wait to be out of contract so I can have a usable phone again.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
All the update seems to have done for me is make the keyboard disappear a little less.

Oh and now if I click back from multitasking too quickly the live tiles pause sorta sideways briefly.

I can't wait to be out of contract so I can have a usable phone again.

Its the same on my phone. I don't think WP is the way to go if your on verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte