Rogers impressed me today

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So I went into Rogers today and saw this sweet looking Nokia Universal Dash so I tried it out with my Lumia 800 and all goes well so at the counter I asked about the 710 and the sales guy was like "Yeah we just got them in for 255 unlocked. Amazing phone the only phone to really rival the iOS and functionality with Mango is amazing" he kept going on and on about it and briefly mentioned that they might get the Lumia 900 in March/May. He also said that Mango and Lumia phones have all been getting great reviews etc

Glad to see sales rep in Canada excited about it of course its only one store but I might pop in another Rogers and see what they have to say about it. I was going to buy it straight up but its not unlocked kinda choked.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I popped into a Rogers store on Monday, and started with a simple what can you tell me about this phone, pointing to the Samsung Focus on display. I spent the rest of the time listening. He eventually brought out the not-yet-in-the-display-cabinet 710. He had very positive things to say about the OS, and had obviously been keeping an eye on MobileSyrup, althought he had some of his figures wrong. Ironically, the only negative thing he had to say about any OS was the old WMobile with the "little stylus". I don't think he saw my Lg eXpo (with dangling stylus) poking out underneath my jacket :D

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Do what I did. Buy unlocked online from a retailer. They are unlocked and not bound to a carrier.

Willem
the Netherlands.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So I went into Rogers today and saw this sweet looking Nokia Universal Dash so I tried it out with my Lumia 800 and all goes well so at the counter I asked about the 710 and the sales guy was like "Yeah we just got them in for 255 unlocked. Amazing phone the only phone to really rival the iOS and functionality with Mango is amazing" he kept going on and on about it and briefly mentioned that they might get the Lumia 900 in March/May. He also said that Mango and Lumia phones have all been getting great reviews etc

Glad to see sales rep in Canada excited about it of course its only one store but I might pop in another Rogers and see what they have to say about it. I was going to buy it straight up but its not unlocked kinda choked.

It's my understanding that you can buy it outright, then pay an additional $30 to have it unlocked in store.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
That's good to hear about Rogers. I bought my Lumia 710 from them online and I'm still waiting for it.

As a side note, Fido sent me the wrong SIM card. I ordered a microSIM and they sent a regular one. Can I just cut the regular one down?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
That's good to hear about Rogers. I bought my Lumia 710 from them online and I'm still waiting for it.

As a side note, Fido sent me the wrong SIM card. I ordered a microSIM and they sent a regular one. Can I just cut the regular one down?

As far as I know, yes. Absolutely you can.

ymala1

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky