February is Fitness Month! Week One and Two

Super2online

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Going to jump on the bandwagon with the morning routine to get me started. Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy a little support along the way.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Getting fit and healthy can never be a bad thing.

Don't mistreat your body, peeps... it's the best bit of hardware you'll ever own!! :)

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I started eating healthy a few weeks ago. Haven't felt this good in years.

My fitness goals for this week are to ride my stationary bicycle 5 or 6 days AND walk for at least 25 minutes too. The weather here has been very nice all week and it's good to get outside and get some fresh air.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Tough Mudder

My wife and I signed up to do the Tough Mudder in May, so I actually just started training. I've started with the Couch to 10K app. So, I'll be doing the cardio this week. I can confirm I have already run 2 days for at least 15 minutes each day!

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My goal is to totally eliminate wheat. That's right, wheat. Did you know that two slices of whole grain bread causes a higher spike in blood sugar than a Snikers bar? Nearly twice as much!

I actually just started a few days ago already.

Goal? 3 pounds first week. Bonus points for 5 pounds!

onix7cv

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1

People of WPCentral, the Mobile Nations Fitness month has begun!

You can go read all about it on the front page, but here's where the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win.

Not sure how to start? Pick just ONE thing from this list and make it you goal for the week. It should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Stop drinking sugary drinks for a week (or beer of that's more your thing).
  • If that's too easy, stop eating fast food/junk food for a week.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end!

Strength training

• Do 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning right when you get up.
  • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going!

Cardio training

• Do 15 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
  • If that's too easy, do 20-30 min. at a slightly higher intensity.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 1 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!
I am going to stop drinking sugary drinks. I usually do ok at work and drink only water, but when I get home I binge on juice and soda. It stops today.

djmikebrady

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'll swear off junk food... I had been doing REALLY well last year, then the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas goodies at the office got the best of me, and now I'm feeling it!

To top it off, I put an a very competitive hour of racketball this morning!

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I am going to stop drinking sugary drinks. I usually do ok at work and drink only water, but when I get home I binge on juice and soda. It stops today.
To all of you stopping sugary drinks, I challenge you to up the ante. Let's stop sugary drings AND sugary deserts!

Skip the cookie at lunch. Skip the ice cream after dinner. I did this about 6 months ago and dropped about 25 pounds in a few months.

One key point... you MUST BE RELIGIOUS about it! No exceptions!

djmikebrady

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Man, I have the same problem - I'll do great at work (now that the holiday tests are gone) then get home and it's like im possessed or something! Good luck!

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and for those of you looking for some great info on this topic, I highly recommend the documentary "Fat Head". It's available on Netflix instant watch, so pick up your phone and start watching it!

This is a reponse to the film "Super Size Me" and totally debunks many of the common beliefs people have about "healthy" eating.

bog2587

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
great wpcentral,, all respect from me, I do all the things you've listed there, rarely eat fast food and can not running now, is very cold in romania; it's good that people understand the importance of better style life in health, for example, hypertensive if they make sport 1-2 months reduced their systolic pressure by 10 mgHg and diastolic by 7.4. I'm a pharmacist and know more about how to make life better

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I might be in the lead still; I have lost 4 pounds since Monday with this Flu!

But, the problem is, I did not need to lose 4 pounds!

bog2587

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
it can be ok, but I don't encourage this because fast food and beer don't have all needed constituents and if you do 10 strength exercices probably you'll feel weak.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Mobile Nations Fitness month: Week 1

People of WPCentral, the Mobile Nations Fitness month has begun!

You can go read all about it on the front page, but here's where the action is taking place. This is where we're setting reasonable, attainable goals. This is where we're starting our pattern for pure win.

Not sure how to start? Pick just ONE thing from this list and make it you goal for the week. It should be challenging enough that it takes some effort to do it, but not so challenging that you give up before you really get going. Here are some examples.

Nutrition

• Stop drinking sugary drinks for a week (or beer of that's more your thing).
  • If that's too easy, stop eating fast food/junk food for a week.

A week is 6 days, you get a cheat day at the end!

Strength training

• Do 2 sets of 10 pushups, 10 sit ups, and 10 squats every morning right when you get up.
  • If that's too easy, do 4 sets.

You can start with 1 set and work up to 2, or 3 sets and work up to 4. The important thing is to get going!

Cardio training

• Do 15 min. of cardio, 3 times during the week. It can be running, dancing, martial arts, rope skipping, jumping jacks, anything.
  • If that's too easy, do 20-30 min. at a slightly higher intensity.

You can run for as long as you can and then walk, for example, if you need to, but you want to try to run -- or do whatever cardio activity you're doing -- for longer each time until you get to the full time.

Ready...? Set...? GO!

What's your goal for week 1 going to be? Pick it and stick it in a reply below, then come back every day and let us know how you're progressing! If you're doing well, share your story and help keep us inspired. If you're having trouble, ask questions and we'll be there to help.

The important thing is to do and to keep doing. Pick something attainable and then attain it!
Have you guys seen the +3Network.com site? You raise money just by being active, pretty cool.
Integrate Performance Fitness

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
bassettsjellybabies.jpg
2654888634_c743b362cd.jpg

Don't tell me you don't have Jelly Babies in the states 5tephen ? :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member