ATT and Visual Voicemail

Menstra

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else think we are being too patient with ATT on the visual voicemail issue. They are supposed to be the premier carrier but other than a tweet when Mango was released there has been no mention. I have called multiple times about from "I do not know anything about it" to "It was not part of the Mango update." I currently have a ticket with them that I keep forcing them to escalate that I hope will get to someone's desk that can actually do something.
Has anyone hear anything recently?
Do you think asking in a more public forum (Facebook, Twitter) would make any headway?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
All I know is I really want it, I am hoping that at&t will release VVM with the 8107 update. I'm not holding my breath :mad:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It would be very nice to have but I too am not holding my breath I cant do it for very long. I have a hard time just breathing when the weather is changing!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I suspect that it may be the testing on the finicky Focus and other samsung devices as toi why its not available yet. That at least gives them cover. For me its kind of like 32GB of storage memory It would be nice to have it but its not that needed right now. If you really want VVM then try the MagikMail app.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok I tried Magikmail. I have to admit I do like it better than google voice with the caveat that GV has free transcription. The transcription is nice as you can just read (somewhat) the vm left and not have to listen to it on an external speaker where privacy could become an issue, but not nice enough for me to pay $40/yr for. I do love that you can upload your contact list and customize greetings for different callers.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity (mostly because I've never used VVM and am not familiar with it), would this feature be something that AT&T could enable on it's own, or is it something that would be incumbent upon Microsoft to include in a full fledged OS update? I guess what I'm trying to determine is who, exactly, is at fault for the lack of this functionality?

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity (mostly because I've never used VVM and am not familiar with it), would this feature be something that AT&T could enable on it's own, or is it something that would be incumbent upon Microsoft to include in a full fledged OS update? I guess what I'm trying to determine is who, exactly, is at fault for the lack of this functionality?

The OS has had this feature since Mango. Its all on the carrier. TMobile supported this feature the moment Mango hit. ATT said its coming but then we never heard a peep from them about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb