Which Metro-style do you like better?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you think about it, apps are developed in or of those two ways. For example, apps that are like style 1 are Facebook, Supertube (now), Flixter, eBay & Urban Dictionary 7. Apps in style 2 are Mehdoh, FML, Words by Post, Board Express, and My Fitness Pal.

I hope everyone sees the differences. Style 1 is likes huge page is laid out and you're just swiping back and forth to view the entire thing; it's more like the content is always there and you swipe to view it. Style 2 is more like swiping from header to header to view the content under each header; like the content isn't there until you swipe to the corresponding header.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
it really depends on the type of information the app is trying to convey. Some apps (Words by Post for example) work well with the style 2. Each "pane" is a different area of the game with the info pertinent to that section. Style 1 is great for some apps, YouTube apps for example, cause you can see little teasers of what is on the next page getting you go go on and explore to discover more photos.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I definitely don't like the 8 horizontal tiles in rows of 2, similar to the favorite photos section, or recent section of the people hub. I would prefer it to be two columns of tiles, like in the recent section of the music hub.

HeyMoosh

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
To answer the question I think MetroTube is definitely the nicer of the two.

To be honest though, I don't think I've seen any apps that fully embrace and show off the metro style. There are a lot that have seemingly taken the easy way out by just copying the built in hub designs, or by just putting a nice image on the background... I feel like there is so much more that could be done in WP7 app design to really make it something unique and impressive!

I just wish I knew how to code, or knew a developer to work with in making some apps... I might even start making some mock-up designs of potential apps to see what people think, would be awesome to find a developer to work with on some projects

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
To answer the question I think MetroTube is definitely the nicer of the two.

To be honest though, I don't think I've seen any apps that fully embrace and show off the metro style. There are a lot that have seemingly taken the easy way out by just copying the built in hub designs, or by just putting a nice image on the background... I feel like there is so much more that could be done in WP7 app design to really make it something unique and impressive!

I just wish I knew how to code, or knew a developer to work with in making some apps... I might even start making some mock-up designs of potential apps to see what people think, would be awesome to find a developer to work with on some projects

Shoot me some designs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786