Google image search not working on phone

godplaysdice83

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but here goes...
On my HTC Titan, when viewing the mobile version of Google's website and trying to do an image search, the search appears to work properly to the extent that I am redirected to the usual image results page with all of the typical navigation mechanisms (Google logo with Web, Images and Places tabs at the top, followed by the search text field then page navigation buttons and numbers near the bottom), but where the image thumbnails normally appear in the middle of the page between the search text field and the page navigation button, there is nothing but a little bit of whitespace.

I figure it is probably waiting on an asynchronous call-back or something like that, but no matter how long I wait, the images never appear. This problem manifests in both Internet Explorer and Surfcube. I have not tried any other browsers.

Are any other WP7 users experiencing this issue?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but here goes...
On my HTC Titan, when viewing the mobile version of Google's website and trying to do an image search, the search appears to work properly to the extent that I am redirected to the usual image results page with all of the typical navigation mechanisms (Google logo with Web, Images and Places tabs at the top, followed by the search text field then page navigation buttons and numbers near the bottom), but where the image thumbnails normally appear in the middle of the page between the search text field and the page navigation button, there is nothing but a little bit of whitespace.

I figure it is probably waiting on an asynchronous call-back or something like that, but no matter how long I wait, the images never appear. This problem manifests in both Internet Explorer and Surfcube. I have not tried any other browsers.

Are any other WP7 users experiencing this issue?

Yup, someone posted a thread already:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/186693.htm

Just use Bing image search or use the classic webpage rather than mobile for Google Images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo