Windows 8 Kernel For Windows Phone 8 ? Perhaps Not

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. I kind of believe Joe Belfiore with confirmation from Thurrot a little more than The Register.

And the idea that they still haven't made a decision this late doesn't really make much sense. I wonder if The Register's source is working off of talks that happened several months ago.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've trusted MS so far to buy two Windows Phones. I'm confident that whatever MS decides to do with the kernel will be good for the OS as a whole.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care what they do, so long as it is beneficial. I trust them to make the smart choice, as they've done so far with all their WP developments.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The article is BS i think its pretty much confirmed by MS that WP8 will be using the Windows 8 kernel. If you look at the article its saying that Tango is this years big release when it should be Apollo.

From what I read the Register is an anti-MS site so meh. All I have to say is when all the Windows 8 leaks came out I checked Joe B's twitter later that evening and I re-call him saying this "just got out of several meetings did I miss anything good" that was when all the Windows 8 info leaked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett