How in the world do I play ONLY ONE song/track?

luciobar1980

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, basically I am trying to play one track only and then want the music player to stop. I'm listening to a meditation CD and when the track is over I dont want it to go on to the next one. When I click only on the track instead of playing only that track it adds the whole album. I know I've done this by accident a few times but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. :confused: Thanks!

ccrraaiigg007

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Find the song in the song list and do a long press and click add to now playing with an empty "now playing" list(you can clear it by playing a podcast). you can then save the now playing list as a new playlist.

luciobar1980

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Find the song in the song list and do a long press and click add to now playing with an empty "now playing" list(you can clear it by playing a podcast). you can then save the now playing list as a new playlist.

Thanks! Wow, it's pretty absurd IMO that you basically have to do a workaround to accomplish this!

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Alternatively go to the track in Zune, tap the title to play it.

Then see that third icon on the right side of the track? Press that twice and you'll be on repeat single track.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Alternatively go to the track in Zune, tap the title to play it.

Then see that third icon on the right side of the track? Press that twice and you'll be on repeat single track.
But maybe he doesn't want to repeat a single track? Just play it once and be done?

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

grrr...this is why the music+videos app really needs a re-design. The playlist feature is an absolute pain in the ***! The fact that you actually have to have a podcast on your device just so you can clear the 'now playing' playlist to build a playlist there and then save it is absurd!

whatever happened to obvious things? how about 'create playlist' and then go through the library adding songs?

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Its how Zune has always operated.

As annoying as some of you will find this, i just build the playlist on the Zune desktop then sync.

Much quicker, faster and easier. Other than that i find the on the go playlist works for my needs.

I hope they fix it for your guys needs though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss