Le Sigh @ Xbox Live

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So over the weekend I was pretty sure my computer security was compromised. I quickly addressed this issue by scanning for malware/viruses etc and also changed all my passwords.

Everything seems to be fine except for my Xbox Live on my phone itself. After I changed my password on my Windows Live account I then did so on my phone under settings->email+accounts.

I have checked it at least 8 times to make sure the new password under these settings coincides with what I entered on my computer. I even went as far as to change it one more time to make sure I was entering in the correct password on my phone. When I try to access something like which friends are online, it pulls up a window with my Windows Live ID and my password which is stored but I retype it just to be sure.

When I hit the check button to log in, it goes back to the friends screen, tries to update and then gives me a message stating: "There is a problem with your Live ID. Try again, or sign in with a different Windows Live ID."

Has anyone else ran into this issue or have any ideas on what I can do to solve this? It's really frustrating!!!!

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
So over the weekend I was pretty sure my computer security was compromised. I quickly addressed this issue by scanning for malware/viruses etc and also changed all my passwords.

Everything seems to be fine except for my Xbox Live on my phone itself. After I changed my password on my Windows Live account I then did so on my phone under settings->email+accounts.

I have checked it at least 8 times to make sure the new password under these settings coincides with what I entered on my computer. I even went as far as to change it one more time to make sure I was entering in the correct password on my phone. When I try to access something like which friends are online, it pulls up a window with my Windows Live ID and my password which is stored but I retype it just to be sure.

When I hit the check button to log in, it goes back to the friends screen, tries to update and then gives me a message stating: "There is a problem with your Live ID. Try again, or sign in with a different Windows Live ID."

Has anyone else ran into this issue or have any ideas on what I can do to solve this? It's really frustrating!!!!
I think I've been in a situation like this before. Not sure if its the same thing but this is my storry.
The problem is that setting a weak password and maybe using the same password on more then one service may be very risky. If a bot gets into your account it will probably go on a spam rage.
Then they block your liveID.
I tryed changing my password but it didn't help. I had to unblock my account first.

But I did get an error code when trying to sync. That would help a lot :)

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I ended up just power cycling my phone and it has worked fine since. Thank you for the reply though and hopefully this helps others who run into the same issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo