Search button not launching Bing

kaspaas

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble with the search button on my new Lumia 800. The search button does not launch Bing Mobile when selected. Instead it launches IE9 and takes me to the Bing website which is just not cool. I don't know if there is a setting or something where this can be changed but I would like to use Bing Mobile. At the moment, Bing looks and works cooler on my iPhone than it does on my Lumia 800. Any suggestions would be welcome.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to region and languages and scroll to the bottom and change the browser and search language.

If the search language is not properly supported by the phone, it forces it to the browser.

Dimitar_Tsanev

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Why this does not work with me? Mine was set to UK and everything was OK some days ago. But from 3-4 days it opens it IE9 and my region and browser language was set to UK. What else can I do and haw can I fis that?

maimunkov

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem - my region and browsing language are set to Engllish US. The maps menu is limited to my location (there`s no direction scout etc.). Btw the problem began after i reset my omnia 7, with purpose to get rid of search leters in app menu! pls guys help

sapounas

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
You need to go to region and languages and scroll to the bottom and change the browser and search language.

If the search language is not properly supported by the phone, it forces it to the browser.

This doesn't work for me. My search button opens an IE tab with a google search for {searchTerms}. Any suggestions??
I have windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss