Symbian Belle

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
For all the Symbian^3 users, the Symbian Belle update is now available. I am installing now on my Nokia N8.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3REHGbxqn0[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l0AkY07PKs[/YT]

So is palandri impressed, disgusted, or meh ? :)

A notification bar eh ? I'm not mentioning that!

Oh Wait!

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...So is palandri impressed, disgusted, or meh ? :)

A notification bar eh ? I'm not mentioning that!

Oh Wait!

I am ok with it, they did nice job with it. I am concerned about updating my wife's N8. It takes her about 6 months to become familiar and comfortable with the OS of a smartphone, and by then I am sure we'll have a couple of Lumia 900's. :D

The small picky things I don't like are:

The new email widget takes up 3 spaces on the screen, but that can be resolved by using the email shortcut icon

The new WiFi widget is really different, and it turns blue when it's connected. I liked the old WiFi widget better

I really don't like, need or want the big on digital clock on the main screen, since the time is on the upper right hand corner of the main screen, but I am sure you can remove it. The default wallpaper is hideous, but I already changed that.

I lost a lot of applications, but I am sure it's because they weren't Belle compliant. That's no big deal, I can re-download them.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So it's a sort of meh+ then ? :)

A little bit more than that. :cool:

I guess I am more impressed with it than not impressed with it. It a lot better than the stock Symbian^3 or Symbian Anna.

I was a Palm guy for many years, so all I am really familiar with is Palm and Windows phones. I still like Mango the best, and I am really excited about the new Nokia phones coming out. I think Nokia made the right decision adding Windows.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Good stuff palandri, it's always nice getting updates, I always feel as if someone's gave me something exciting to explore. :lol:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife also gets upset when they change the layout in the local grocery store. :D

When I updated my wife's iphone to iOS 5 I updated facebook too, since she never updates her apps. She was mad at me because she thought updating the software on the phone had changed the way facebook looked. Sometimes I can't win for losing, lol.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Green-jelly-baby-350.jpg

Absolutely palandri. :p

How's your Belle of Symbianness doing, still OK, no buggettes ?

My friend was asking if he could get it on his Nokia C5 but I think that's too old for it.

I think it was the C5 he said anyway. :dry

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
There was a thread a couple days ago about which OS would you chose if Microsoft ditched Windows Phone. At first I choose iOS but thinking about it, I'd probably pick Belle. It customizable like Android but without the added clunkiness. It also receives timely updates like iOS only without the added patent suing douche-baggery. :D

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Patent suing douch-baggery, I like that, adding it to my list now F8D. :D

You haven't copyrighted it have you ?

I'm not wishing to participate in any of that copyright suing douche-baggery you hear about. :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa