The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    For all the Symbian^3 users, the Symbian Belle update is now available. I am installing now on my Nokia N8.
    02-07-2012 09:14 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3REHGbxqn0[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l0AkY07PKs[/YT]

So is palandri impressed, disgusted, or meh ? :)

A notification bar eh ? I'm not mentioning that!

Oh Wait!
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-08-2012 at 02:47 AM.
    palandri likes this.
    02-08-2012 02:36 AM

So is palandri impressed, disgusted, or meh ? :)

Oh Wait!
    Aww would have been cool if it had the laser gun. D:
    palandri likes this.
    02-08-2012 03:56 AM
    I know, I thought it did alpinestars1Z, till they said no. :(
    02-08-2012 04:01 AM
    ...So is palandri impressed, disgusted, or meh ? :)

Oh Wait!
    I am ok with it, they did nice job with it. I am concerned about updating my wife's N8. It takes her about 6 months to become familiar and comfortable with the OS of a smartphone, and by then I am sure we'll have a couple of Lumia 900's. :D

The small picky things I don't like are:

The new email widget takes up 3 spaces on the screen, but that can be resolved by using the email shortcut icon

The new WiFi widget is really different, and it turns blue when it's connected. I liked the old WiFi widget better

I really don't like, need or want the big on digital clock on the main screen, since the time is on the upper right hand corner of the main screen, but I am sure you can remove it. The default wallpaper is hideous, but I already changed that.

I lost a lot of applications, but I am sure it's because they weren't Belle compliant. That's no big deal, I can re-download them.
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    02-08-2012 07:54 AM
    So it's a sort of meh+ then ? :)
    02-08-2012 07:59 AM
    So it's a sort of meh+ then ? :)
    A little bit more than that.

I guess I am more impressed with it than not impressed with it. It a lot better than the stock Symbian^3 or Symbian Anna.

I was a Palm guy for many years, so all I am really familiar with is Palm and Windows phones. I still like Mango the best, and I am really excited about the new Nokia phones coming out. I think Nokia made the right decision adding Windows.
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    02-08-2012 09:54 AM
    Good stuff palandri, it's always nice getting updates, I always feel as if someone's gave me something exciting to explore. :lol:
    palandri likes this.
    02-08-2012 09:58 AM
    Good stuff palandri, it's always nice getting updates, I always feel as if someone's gave me something exciting to explore. :lol:
    That's how I feel too! I like updates. My wife, not so much. :D
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    02-08-2012 10:15 AM
    That's how I feel too! I like updates. My wife, not so much. :D
    You sound like me and my wife!

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express
    palandri likes this.
    02-11-2012 07:23 PM
    You sound like me and my wife!

Sent from my Windows7 Phone using Board Express
    My wife also gets upset when they change the layout in the local grocery store. :D
    jeremyshaw likes this.
    02-11-2012 08:27 PM
    My wife also gets upset when they change the layout in the local grocery store. :D
    So did I when our local supermarket moved the Jelly Babies, boy was I in a panic, I have recovered now I know where their new home is. :lol:
    02-12-2012 03:17 AM

When I updated my wife's iphone to iOS 5 I updated facebook too, since she never updates her apps. She was mad at me because she thought updating the software on the phone had changed the way facebook looked. Sometimes I can't win for losing, lol.
    palandri likes this.
    02-12-2012 06:53 AM
    So did I when our local supermarket moved the Jelly Babies, boy was I in a panic, I have recovered now I know where their new home is. :lol:
    Well that's understandable with Jelly Babies. :D
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    02-12-2012 07:30 AM

Absolutely palandri. :P

How's your Belle of Symbianness doing, still OK, no buggettes ?

My friend was asking if he could get it on his Nokia C5 but I think that's too old for it.

I think it was the C5 he said anyway. :dry
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-12-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    palandri likes this.
    02-12-2012 07:36 AM
    ...How's your Belle of Symbianness doing, still OK, no buggettes ?
    It's all good for me. There are a few minor bugs, but nothing that bothers me: How to: overcome or work around some common Belle update issues With my wife's N8, I made it as painless for her as possible, by adding shortcuts on one of the screens
    02-12-2012 07:49 AM
    You're not a bad old sausage like everyone says you are after all then, are you? ;) :lol:
    palandri likes this.
    02-12-2012 07:54 AM
    There was a thread a couple days ago about which OS would you chose if Microsoft ditched Windows Phone. At first I choose iOS but thinking about it, I'd probably pick Belle. It customizable like Android but without the added clunkiness. It also receives timely updates like iOS only without the added patent suing ******-baggery. :D
    02-12-2012 07:57 AM
    Patent suing douch-baggery, I like that, adding it to my list now F8D. :D

You haven't copyrighted it have you ?

I'm not wishing to participate in any of that copyright suing ******-baggery you hear about. :lol:
    02-12-2012 08:01 AM
    Nope, that one is free of charge! (for now) :D
    02-12-2012 08:32 AM

Yikes, that's me told. :(
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-12-2012 08:33 AM
    A little rumour snippet for palandri. :)

http://smartphonegeeks.in/2012/02/no...veiled-at-mwc/
    palandri likes this.
    02-23-2012 05:01 PM
    I have no interest in the 801. I actually prefer the one piece aluminum body of my N8, Now a Lumia 900 with a 12MP camera is different story. I'd buy that on the release date.
    02-23-2012 06:47 PM
    Just got a social update on Belle. It's a nice update, but the widget takes up two slots on your screen, so it's a little bit big, but it's a nice update.
    02-25-2012 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD