Account region problems

Atkamon

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone.

My problem is a bit complicated, but Ill try to explain. I had a hotmail account for like 7 years now, I created it when I was like 13 and when I was living in my home coumtry, which is Hungary. There wasnt an option back then to select Hungary as a region, so I left it on United States. Now, I'm living in the uk, and i recently got a wp. When I got the phone, I logged in with my existing live account, why wouldnt I... Then, I tried to get a.zune pass and buy apps and stuff like that, but I cant add any credit cards to my account, because my region is set to US, and I cant change it. I read online, that there is no way to change the region, and there really isnt, I already tried everything. So I thought okay, I'm gonna make a new windows live account, I need a fresh start anyway. But now, I cant delete my old windows live account from my phone, and I read in the Help and how to, that I cant delete it... Wtf?? So what the **** can I do? Is there really no way to delete my windows live account? If I add my new account to the phone as well, I still cant use it to buy stuff. Its effing ridiculous... I want to give my money to microsoft and they wont let me...

Any ideas?...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

First of all welcome to WPCentral Atkamon :)

Unfortunately the only way to delete your original setup Live ID from the phone is to reset it.

Absolutely rediculous but that's how it is for now.

Of course resetting your phone will wipe everything so beware of that. :(

Atkamon

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Awesome... Well, there isnt anything else I can do, so Ill reset it sometime... Kind of amazing how this has been overlooked by microsoft...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i thinks its due to copy rights issues.

cause if ti was easy to switch from one account to an other .. you could buy half the apps , and your friend the other half..

then simply switch your e-mail when you want to play a specific game or w/e..

and when you have to do a hard reset, it forces you to LOSE all your apps/games on your phone, so you cant easily do it. ( to discourage thief's )

i think , it makes sens any ways . lol

but i mean it actually really easy to steal from the market place :( (accidentally discovered that a phew months back ) i hope the updates fixes some of the issues.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know, but I never mention the unlocking method as most users have standard Windows Phones and probably not willing to go through all the unlocking process to change an email address MrBurrrns.

Perhaps some are of course. :dry

Thanks for mentioning it though. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett