My Speech Class: Speaking to inform about Windows Phone?

BucDan

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
So I am in speech class and I have another speech sometime in April (doing a speech soon about fishing) and it is about informing the class about a person, place or thing. So I figured why not talk about the Windows Phone? I mean, it would expand the Windows Phone exposure out there to those that use iOS or Android. I figured I could talk about how Windows Phone is a great alternative and it's pros and praising it well and formally/informally getting in depth for about 7-9 minutes of talking.

Firstly, if you'd like to give me some ideas on what I should cover and talk about in WP7, post away! Of course I would try to talk about what is different and what is easier.

Another BIG question is... Since I have an HTC Titan, I was wondering is there a screen capture app out there that I could use to screen capture the HTC Titan's screen so I could display it on the projector from a computer or directly to the projector for the class to see what I am doing instead of using a Powerpoint? Or is there another way of doing it like media displaying TV Out or the related? Thanks!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
One big thing I noticed about WP7 is the typography of the email app. My wife said it looks like a magazine layout and I agree. I think it looks very unique and pleasing to the eye.

Another point to make is that pretty much everything is swipe-based. Swiping to the right or left in an app gets you to different pages of the app. I like that, especially since I am very used to swipe from my longtime and continuing experience with webOS.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It's integration with certain services such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as the upcoming integration with Skype and the added functionality that will come when Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 come along. You can also talk about how there is much better control versus Android over the operating system which creates a more streamlined experience from phone to phone and you still have multiple choices for phones depending on your preferences. Also the fact that the carriers can't put crap on the phone that can't be removed. It's very stable, it's very nice to look at, and it's easy to use. It has excellent software for media management (Zune) and it's just awesome overall.

Hopefully that helps at least a little bit.

blackhawk7188

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Also by far include Xbox Live integration on how you can play games that count for achievements and commincate with your xbox live friends while on the go. There is also an app "xbox companion" that allows you to use your phone as a controller for your xbox. It is planned in the future for Kinect controls to use the gyro in the phone as a controller. Speaking of Kinect, Kinectimals is on the phone and allows you to sync your animal to the xbox I do believe. A plus there, and achievements.

I use my phone for work alot, I am connected to our exchange server and it works great. I installed adobe reader and can view pdfs on the go and reply to the email in a snap.

Hope this helps to add stuff to your essay/report, I graduated 6 years ago and I miss those days, lmao.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to mention the integrated Local Scout for nearby shopping, restaurants etc and places of interest with no app required.

Also you could mention Bing Vision for reading barcodes, book / dvd covers and it also does language translation all integrated with no app required.

Bing Music is there too, to identify music by listening to it, then giving you the option to purchase it there and then from the Marketplace.

Don't forget the speech to texts as well.

Sounds fantastic, I wish I had a phone that done all that!

Oh Wait! :lol:

Last edited:

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I would title it "I don't need an app for that" and focus on the fact that most of the features smartphone users use apps for are baked into the OS.

threedog

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I would title it "I don't need an app for that" and focus on the fact that most of the features smartphone users use apps for are baked into the OS.

That is freaking brilliant! Stick it to them with "I Don't Need an App For That" ;D

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget to grab your friend's android phone as a comparison and show them what legit smooth scrolling looks like. :D

anonymous3498571

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Make sure to frame the subject. By that I mean spend some time talking about the most commonly used and important things that should be found in a smartphone. Establish those tasks first and foremost so that you get buy in from your audience.

After you have your audience sitting there, pretty much agreeing with your premise. You then can bring up Windows Phone. And you will go through each of the pre-established metrics that the audience has already accepted. And show how WP gives users the best experience it speed in those areas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss