Current WP devices and Apollo Updates

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think Windows Phone Devices (1st & 2nd) will all get Apollo updates, just that, it will be according to hardware just like Siri in iPhone. If Microsoft somehow breach this understanding, then to **** with Windows Phone and they can never compete in the mobile market share coz the belief will be established; that if you get a windows phone, you'll be abandoned and left in the dark someday. Just praying and hoping Microsoft will prove us all wrong and surprise us cos I'll be damned if my still new looking and perfect working HTC HD7 doesn't get Apollo; that'll probably be my last Windows Phone and love for Microsoft. Planning to get an Apollo device in addition but won't if something of this sort happens coz if I still get Apollo, same thing might happen if a major update comes and Apollo devices will also be USELESSSS.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
We already have a lengthy thread on this subject kenzibit. :)
look.gif

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-discussion/186759.htm

Feel free to have a perusal.

Hopefully we'll glean a little more info from Microsoft at the MWC in Barcelona on the 27th.

Mobile World Congress 2012 Website

Mobile World Congress 2012

Not too far away now. :)

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
No use getting upset about it. The Samsung Galaxy S isn't going to get Android Ice Cream 4.0, but the Samsung Galaxy SII will. I got the Symbian Anna & Belle update, but I won't get the Symbian Camille update.

Technology moves fast. What is the latest and greatest today, isn't going to be the latest and greatest 6 months from now.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
If current gen phones aren't getting Apollo then Tango would be worthless. There isn't anything to suggest current phones couldn't run it. Windows 8 actually runs better on old hardware than Windows 7. Win 8 can run on the intel atom. You might not have particular hardware features but the software will be there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro