Are Apple's Address Book Woes a Potential WP7 Problem?

mccs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm relatively new to the WP7 platform -- I had an HD7 for a tad bit before leaving it behind when I came out here to Afghanistan. Right now, I'm a very strong Blackberry user (I'm mccs on the Crackberry forums) but I recently picked up a Lumia 710 when I upgraded one of my lines with TMobile.

I like the phone -- a lot -- and it's uniqueness is one reason I picked it up vice going down the iPhone path...and it may become my daily driver when I return stateside so, that being said:

I'm reading all the buzz right now about Path, how the address book on the iPhone is accessed by various apps and the seemingly total lack of security with any iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch users contacts; precious and valuable information on family, friends and others whisked away without for-knowledge/approval or certainly control.

While my Blackberry doesn't come across as the super gee-whiz phone it's still pretty damn reliable and I'm content in the knowledge that my data isn't being underhandedly taken. And that's my newbie question/concern with WP7.

If I switch to my 710 as my daily driver (or any WP7 for that matter), and all the coolness that comes with the integrated People Hub and other "standard" apps that I would be using, is my data treated in much the same way as is currently being discussed with the iPhone, especially contacts and connections?

I understand that there are some bits of privacy we hand over if we want to live in the cool-guy world of smartphones and the cloud but considering that there seems to be a pretty serious issue and perception problem right now with the iPhone (and in light of Microsoft's recent PR play against Google's recent privacy "action") I'm curious as to whether or not WP7 will find itself in a similar bad apple moment...

Thanks.
Tom

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
although theoretically speaking RIM ( blackberry devices) have the BEST security because most of the info in saved on their servers and not accessible by any one else.

i think WP is still the NEXT BEST thing when it comes to security related to contacts and personal info.

now im not talking about WORK e-mails. ( wp still has a little way to go on that part for it tow ork properly )

but for what matters to you , your Information is JUST as SAFE on your Phone as it is on Hotmail.com or on Facebook or w/e...

sure every thing links up , but unless some one HACKS your phone/e-mail ..ect. they DO NOT have access to your info ( maybe MS does but again its not distributed like on ANDROID(Google) or on Apple (iOS)

MS is a VERY reliable and secured company, allot more so then APPLE(IOS) and GOOGLE(all service), but maybe nto AS good as BB(RIM)

this is my security grid:

Google = next to ZERO security ( mallware UP THE ARS! i can hack any one i want. )
Apple= id say your save if no one picks you , lol but WAY better then android.
RIM = your in a NUKE BONKER!!! lol
MS = your in Canada.. LOL! no seriously your safe!!

Last edited:

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Google = next to ZERO security ( mallware UP THE ARS! i can hack any one i want. )
Apple= id say your save if no one picks you , lol but WAY better then android.
RIM = your in a NUKE BONKER!!! lol
MS = your in Canada.. LOL! no seriously your safe!!

I have to add, you will probably not be as safe with the Iphone if you jail-break it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss