i run this town

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
i am a current iphone 4 user. i have zero commitment to apple, therefore when the lumia 900 comes out for att i will be buying one. however, i am fully invested in Itunes, thousands of songs. i know enough about the WP platform to understand zune. so my question pertains to transference. how easy or hard is it to transfer my music from itunes to zune, so that i can continue using my phone as a media player. i probably also will continue to use itunes, call me stubborn but i enjoy the interface and the ease of use.

im not sure if this is a deal breaker, but if the music is difficult to switch/convert that will be a huge problem. any and all advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Rick

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Welcome along to WPCentral rickd21. :)

Zune can import your iTunes library as long as your files aren't protected with any DRM. :)

i run this town

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
no, i have completely avoided the drm set in place by apple. that will not be an issue. thank you very much for the prompt response. i hope at&t releases that phone in mid march as all the rumors suggest. i am intrigued by nokia and i feel like they have not produced a good phone directly made for at&t in quite a long time. hopefully this succeeds and the platform is able to grow and mature.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have not loaded any songs onto my HTC Trophy, but what I can tell you is that I have downloaded Zune onto my PC and it immediately loaded all the songs I have on my computer into Zune, even though I also have iTunes downloaded on my computer. None of the songs on my PC were bought through iTunes (bought/loaded from CDs, eMusic, Amazon, and Napster when they were still owned by Best Buy).

Though I haven't really used the Zune player on my PC much (I still use a dedicated iPod classic for music because I have a lot of songs), I do like that it has more customization/editing available than iTunes. For example, you can edit song titles and year released (which can be wrong occasionally when you purchase an MP3 online in the former case and is often based on the remaster date rather than the original release date in the latter case).

The biggest issue with using a Windows Phone as an MP3 player IMO is the relative lack of memory on most Windows Phones (16 GB in most cases). Actually, that's one of the bigger things I want with future Windows Phone Apollo devices - more available memory as an option.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
or you can check out the new thread in my Blog regarding syncing your WP :)
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/187431.htm

*see my signature*

basically instal MAC CONNECTOR, chose to folder you have your Media files in ( music,vids,podcast,pics ect.. ) and your done :)

Or instal Zune , in the settings you can simply add the Folders you want to sync ,

if it takes you mroe then 30sec to set it up , your doing something WRONG! lol

you can also use the FREE 25G skydrive feature to have extra files with you!! for example all your music,vids,pics ect..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa