WHERE THE **** IS AT&T 8107?

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, I'm so sick of AT&T. I know they could've released this weeks ago, but we still don't even have a date?

Anyone have any news on when my Focus S will be receiving this update?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If AT&T has not pushed out 8107 by 3/18 I will have to seriously consider holding off on the N900 (contract renewal) and wait for an unlocked N900-910. Tired of being at the mercy of any thieving carrier. BTW, my keyboard dropped four times while trying to type this.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I feel everyone's pain. I guess I've had more restraint in waiting for the update. I was with Sprint since 1999, bought the Arrive the day it was released. If I hadn't switched to AT&T, I'd still be waiting on a new phone and stuck with a text limit. I guess the point is in an imperfect world things could be worse. Since they have been forerunning WP7 devices, one would think they would follow suit with updates as well.

Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My 1 ff had the disappearing keyboard, it was unbearable. I had words, and they not only took it back, but gave me the restocking fees credited for all three lines and said if either of the two other lines experience it I can return them as well, and noted the account since it was over 30days.

Not what I wanted but I may be tempted if Nokia will actually GET updates, rather than this bs at&t is pulling. Seriously makes me want to leave at&t like I left sprint. Yes they made an attempt to 'make it right' but it would be a lot better if they just released the damn update.

They don't hassle apple and look how many they sold. How about they allow the largest operating system in the world do something crazy like handle their own damn updates. I mean they seem to do pretty well every other Tuesday on my pc....

Yes I want another windows phone.... Lets see what is said @ mwc

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Where the **** is t-mobile uk 8107?

Just changing a few words..

Seriously, I'm so sick of T-Mobile UK. I know they could've released this weeks ago, but we still don't even have a date?

Anyone have any news on when my Omnia 7 will be receiving this update?

My next phone (WP8?) will be unbranded. WP updates have become just as shambolic as Android's.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been blessed on not having the keyboard bug.

It might be because you don't have any background tasks running. There was a youtube video that showed when background tasks are running the keyboard drops.

And I don't understand why AT&T won't get busy on releasing this update. They did the same thing for NoDo and the security update. That's AT&T for you, good at not making the effort unless they have to.

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, maybe we should put a class action suit against at&t since they have left us vulnerable to security concerns. Microsoft has released the fixes, yet at&t has yet to approve them, thus leaving us vulnerable to attacks.

Can we be preactive rather than reactive?

Microsoft seems to be able to handle security updates to Dell, hp, Asus, acer, etc manufactures every other week, I think they are qualified to handle the update process of a few phones.. I mean time warner doesn't have to approve my windows update every other tuesday...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So what's so greatly different about the AT&T Titan then from my Titan Shane ?

I got 8107 weeks ago. Just curious as to why it's taking so long. :straight:

My firmware was also newer that AT&T's when I purchased my Titan.

Surely it can't be far away now, and yes I know, don't call you surely. :D

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
So what's so greatly different about the AT&T Titan then from my Titan Shane ?

I got 8107 weeks ago. Just curious as to why it's taking so long. :straight:

My firmware was also newer that AT&T's when I purchased my Titan.

Surely it can't be far away now, and yes I know, don't call you surely. :D
That's a great question! I spoke with both AT&T and HTC.HTC gets the update, does there thing and passes it to AT&T to do there thing. I really believe AT&T's thing is to confirm the changes that HTC made, sometimes at the request of AT&T, like hiding visual voicemail etc. HTC admitted that they are in the process of preparing updates for many different phones. So as AT&T Titan owners, we are not getting the same update as you no branded Titan owners. Yes of course the update will work on our phones but give us things we aren't supposed to have. So is it AT&T or HTC? Its both but HTC is doing the leg work.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
ITS NOT AT&T!!! ITS SAMSUNG!!!

this is why i wont buy another samsung device EVER! they are by far the worst with updates, ive said this since day 1. HTC on the other hand, is ver promt. which is why the titan, trophy, arrive, hd7 all have the update... trust me when i say samsung sucks. cheap , lightweight, over rated devices... sorry selfcreation! ha

which is why when i had samsung galaxy phone, i was still running froyo while the rest of the world was running gingerbread , for about 8 months!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99