change the "reply to" email address

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My office is technologically challenged, so in order to get my work email on my phone, I've always had to use a work-around i.e. set up auto forwarding to a different but dedicated account and change that email account's reply to address to my work email address. For most purposes, it looks as if I sent the email from my work address.

Anyway, I haven't been able to figure out how to change the "reply to" address for one of my email accounts on my phone. I'd rather any replies to work emails I send from my phone go to my work address. Does anyone know how to do this?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
sadly i think the only way to reply to a different e-mail is by doing * FORWARD *

if you have your e-mail set up as a contact in your phone you simply have to put in the first letter of your e-mail and the phone will pop up a DROP DOWN menu with all possible e-mails starting with that letter.

thats what Ive been doing to forward e-mails to my work e-mail. ( im sorta in the same boat as you )

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I figured out a better way. I could never get this to work on my BB, so I assumed it would not work on WP (since BBs are held out as the best in email), but I got my new Focus Flash to get it to work directly with my office email.

Now I don't even need a dedicated address for that purpose!!!

VikArmo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I thought there was a way to actually change the 'reply to' address from a Hotmail account on the device itself. But it seems that there isn't which is a let down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb