Restore backup to new Lumia

Fogo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys - I just got a new Lumia 800 today, and I'm trying to get it setup. I made a backup of my old phone (Samsung Focus) using the Windows Phone Connector app for Mac, and then connected the Lumia. However, I don't have an option to restore the backup of my Focus to the Lumia. I'd really hate to lose my various app settings, docs, photos, game saves, etc. Also, I just don't want to spend the time re-downloading the various apps.

Any suggestions? Is this just a limitation of the Mac app, or does Zune behave the same way?

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, all app settings, save games, etc are lost in Zune as well.

Regarding downloading the various apps, you can start with the app reinstaller which will go through your live accounts previously purchased apps and make it possible for you to check a list for automated download.

Personally I prefer this. About a year ago I switched BlackBerry to a new BlackBerry using the device switch which carries all settings, app etc over to the new one. My problem was that the new one was BB6 and the backup set was from a BB5, that caused me a world of trouble because not all settings matched even with the new phone. Eventually I did a full phone Wipe a restored only content from the Cloud (BES). Since then that has been the way for me on both my BB, iOS, Android Windows Phone devices. Also my PCs get that treat. Hard work, but safer.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss