new owner of a titan mobile,need advice plz

rick75fowler

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
hi all new here:D

just brought a new phone on contract t-mobile full monty unlimited.

now im still learning this lovely new phone out and im enjoying it but one little thing is frustrating me,i shall try to explain.

so the problem is this i am a avid abox user and at mintue my gt is set to gmail account,so i thought i setup a live.co.uk account sorted i thought untill i went to xbox console and change the email,hmm seems i got to wait 30days to change it.
it says i got to wait 30 days to change a email account,but this is the first time i wanted to change it so why is it telling me this,all did was setup a email address on my laptop?

so i went on xbox website and chatted to an support adviser and he also said i got to wait 30 days?

is there any other way to get round it,he said they cant overide it?

so if i got to wait this 30 days when i come to redo this email should i

1. make a completly new live acount to the one i was gonna use?

2. should i reset the mobile back to beginning before i do this new account as xbox live on my mobile will be still active and logged into gmail?

from a very frustrated user:confused:

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi rick75fowler. The 30 day thing seems a bit strange. A colleague of mine recently did the exact same thing (I think) that you are trying to do - move an Xbox GT onto another Live account. He said it worked pretty much straight away.

The only different that I can see is that he was transferring the GT from one Hotmail account to another. Whereas you appear to have your GT associated with a Gmail account. I can't really see what difference that would make, but it may be a reason.

I hope it gets resolved quickly (or at least quicker than 30 days).

rick75fowler

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi rick75fowler. The 30 day thing seems a bit strange. A colleague of mine recently did the exact same thing (I think) that you are trying to do - move an Xbox GT onto another Live account. He said it worked pretty much straight away.

The only different that I can see is that he was transferring the GT from one Hotmail account to another. Whereas you appear to have your GT associated with a Gmail account. I can't really see what difference that would make, but it may be a reason.

I hope it gets resolved quickly (or at least quicker than 30 days).
i think it was because i made a new live account and then a bit later that day tried to move my GT and email over to the new one,but it just seems a bit stupid tho

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
hi all new here:D

just brought a new phone on contract t-mobile full monty unlimited.

now im still learning this lovely new phone out and im enjoying it but one little thing is frustrating me,i shall try to explain.

so the problem is this i am a avid abox user and at mintue my gt is set to gmail account,so i thought i setup a live.co.uk account sorted i thought untill i went to xbox console and change the email,hmm seems i got to wait 30days to change it.
it says i got to wait 30 days to change a email account,but this is the first time i wanted to change it so why is it telling me this,all did was setup a email address on my laptop?

so i went on xbox website and chatted to an support adviser and he also said i got to wait 30 days?

is there any other way to get round it,he said they cant overide it?

so if i got to wait this 30 days when i come to redo this email should i

1. make a completly new live acount to the one i was gonna use?

2. should i reset the mobile back to beginning before i do this new account as xbox live on my mobile will be still active and logged into gmail?

from a very frustrated user:confused:
Hi,

You Gmail account which you have registered with the Xbox is your live id. You don't need to setup a new live.co.uk e-mail address unless you want to migrate your e-mails away from Gmail to hotmail. If this is what you want to do then you can link your live.co.uk account to the gamertag but I'm surprised you have to wait 30 days! Perhaps its a new rule Xbox Live have brought in to combat the many scams which have been going about.

If you don't want to migrate your e-mails, then simply use the live id - the gmail account and password you setup to logon to the xbox on your phone.

Note: at the moment if you want to change your live id on the phone it needs a hard reset as far as I know.

rick75fowler

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

You Gmail account which you have registered with the Xbox is your live id. You don't need to setup a new live.co.uk e-mail address unless you want to migrate your e-mails away from Gmail to hotmail. If this is what you want to do then you can link your live.co.uk account to the gamertag but I'm surprised you have to wait 30 days! Perhaps its a new rule Xbox Live have brought in to combat the many scams which have been going about.

If you don't want to migrate your e-mails, then simply use the live id - the gmail account and password you setup to logon to the xbox on your phone.

Note: at the moment if you want to change your live id on the phone it needs a hard reset as far as I know.
i also forgot to mention(sorry) that my mate has this phone as well and we cant seem to chat with the intregrated messager as well,i would prefer to move all to hotmail anyway but the main reason he cant chat to me as gmail is my primary address,sorry if this sound all stupid and noob like,i would keep it as is but we cant get the chat to work.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
i also forgot to mention(sorry) that my mate has this phone as well and we cant seem to chat with the intregrated messager as well,i would prefer to move all to hotmail anyway but the main reason he cant chat to me as gmail is my primary address,sorry if this sound all stupid and noob like,i would keep it as is but we cant get the chat to work.
Not sure what this integrated messenger is, what is this app? Does it require you to be logged on with a live ID? Make sure you gmail account is linked to your live ID by checking your account status here https://login.live.com

rick75fowler

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
errm im still learning the ropes but as far i know if you use a live id you can use the chat option in people instead of txting ect but as my gmail is primary i cant for some unknown reason?

edit; just logged onto live on laptop and my gmail is not linked to my live account??

so what should i do

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
errm im still learning the ropes but as far i know if you use a live id you can use the chat option in people instead of txting ect but as my gmail is primary i cant for some unknown reason?

edit; just logged onto live on laptop and my gmail is not linked to my live account??

so what should i do
What e-mail address did you use to login to that link? gmail or live.co.uk ?

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
yeah it shows my main one at top as gmail account
OK, so thats your live id. This is what you used on your Xbox too and linked to your gamertag, correct? You use the same live ID for all other services like Xbox, Zune, Windows Phones, MSN etc. Use this as your Live ID on your Windows Phone and it will have your Xbox gamertag attached to it.

Are you planning to migrate away from gmail? and use the live.co.uk account as your primary e-mail and Windows live ID?

rick75fowler

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
OK, so thats your live id. This is what you used on your Xbox too and linked to your gamertag, correct? You use the same live ID for all other services like Xbox, Zune, Windows Phones, MSN etc. Use this as your Live ID on your Windows Phone and it will have your Xbox gamertag attached to it.

Are you planning to migrate away from gmail? and use the live.co.uk account as your primary e-mail and Windows live ID?
i was thinking of mirgrating it to live email yes.

strange i just logged onto msn messagner on my laptop and it said logged into two place so i looked and it said windows phone,so i went to my phone and it now works but his offline at miinute tho,also it seems its added anothor profile of him in people section with messager and email only,prob can link them two together.

if this is the case i leave it as is

Last edited:

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, In Account Information click on Change under Windows Live ID. Here you can create a new hotmail/live e-mail address or use an existing one. This will rename your live id username from @gmail.com to @hotmail.co.uk/live.co.uk or anything else and link to that e-mail address. If you want to use an existing one, then make sure you've got access to it. This change takes 48 hours.

Once in place, logon to live with the new username. Makes sure everything works. Log on to Xbox 360 - Official Site - Xbox.com with your new username and check if your gamertag is associated with it. You may have to associate with it first but I'm not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett