Another one of my crazy Windows Phone marketing ideas

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So today a co-worker of mine told me that you can now get free iOS apps when you buy starbucks coffee. Pretty cool idea to really get people hooked on iOS ecosystem.

I was thinking why doesn't Microsoft do the same thing. Free Windows apps at your local McDonalds. Even though our marketshare is very low and the # of apps are not on par with iOS and Androids marketplace it introduced the Windows Phone platform to the general public and for the people that use WP enjoy your free apps.

It might be better to wait until Windows 8 comes out but hey its a great idea for getting the brand out there and Microsoft has the money to do it.

Let me know what you guys think.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
FREE WP APP IF

- you have a Skype account
- you have a Facebook account
- you have a Hotmail/live account
- you have a XBL account

limited to 1 per Client.

with ALLOT of people on Facebook , XBL , Hotmail and Skype i think that would attack allot of attention..

think it make mroe sens then a FAST FOOD joint.... but it could work

* fast food is fast like your WP, in and out in no time!!*
lol

or get a free app with a TIM HORTONS coffee ( here in Canada :p ) SOO GOOD!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
They should include a $5 app card with every new XBOX 360 game. Just like they have the 3 month LIVE trials in there.

Eventually, people will be sitting around with $30 or $40 in app cards and decide that they probably should get a Windows Phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
This would be hard to track but Timmy's is a great idea

i think it be a gREAT idea to use actual MS service to attack more clients to MS (wp)

but your right , they would have to add ALL sorts of securaty check list cause its SOOO easy to make 2000000000000 live acounts.

but they could make it so:

- you NEED a XBL account to be eligible.
- alll compatible accounts MUST be registered to your XBL account
- and you can only register ONE at most to your XBL. ( one Hotmail to your XBL , or one SKYPE . or one Facebook ect... )

but it probably cause other problems i don't notice. ( liek for example i have different e-mails for all of does, HAHAHA )

They should include a $5 app card with every new XBOX 360 game. Just like they have the 3 month LIVE trials in there.

Eventually, people will be sitting around with $30 or $40 in app cards and decide that they probably should get a Windows Phone.

yeah that would work :p

reminds me of my job giving 5$ walMart cards.. and me showing up with 200$ worth of Pre-paid 5$ gift cards.. LOL you do the math on that . they dint like me very much!! hahaha (obviously not the same for WP , it just made me thin of that ) lol

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I think they should have a little logo on the back of the game saying WP companion app available

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Subway would make sense given the whole subway-metro connection. I think a free app every now and then isn't going to do much, but its a nice way of showing that they care. Maybe something like collect tiles (plastic or card tokens) and you can exchange them for Marketplace credit would be cool.

Odeira.Oloap

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking why doesn't Microsoft do the same thing. Free Windows apps at your local McDonalds. Even though our marketshare is very low and the # of apps are not on par with iOS and Androids marketplace it introduced the Windows Phone platform to the general public and for the people that use WP enjoy your free apps.

OH, GOD. Not McDonald's. (I don't have anything against Mcdonald's. It's just I prefer desserts and "healthier" options with my preferred food chains.)

How about Dairy Queen?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Now THAT is a great idea. Being tied in to that ecosystem is already one of WPs main selling points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786