Samsung Wants Windows Phone 8 Phones!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I4U News have published an extremely positive article on why Samsung diggs Windows Phone quoting Matt Brum as saying, "We're very excited about [Windows Phone 8], as we're one of very few manufacturers that can do the convergence story that we can - so the fact that Windows 8 covers everything from tablets to laptops http://www.i4u.com/49812/samsung-wants-windows-phone-8-phones# to phones is very cool.".

Samsung Wants Windows Phone 8 Phones - I4U News

I don't know about anyone else, but it's extremely refreshing to hear such positive comments from one of the biggest OEMs out there.

Discuss. :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I never lost Hope in Samsung:D.

actually planing on waiting for WP8 Samsung phone .. or Nokia depending.

Unless HTC brings over some crazy specs and that new Carbon FIBER casing they have on there new Android.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
It's exciting stuff. . . maybe I've got a wild imagination, but I think: Samsung Window running Windows 8 synced to an Xbox, Windows Phone 8 and Win 8 tablet.

Now that is some SERIOUS AWESOME SAUCE. :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't it Samsung who said that they will give up on WP a few months back

nah , they just said they where going to wait till WP had support for dual-cores or something.

I spoke to Reps at work a little bit ago and they seem to be hidding a little WP love ;)
like I said ,I never lost hope :p

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
^^Yeah, I remember reading the same buddy. They just said that they don't intend to release anymore devices until Apollo.... which, TBH, makes perfect sense.

:)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that OEMs have no problem releasing an Android device (or two) every month, without regard for what dessert is on board. Why so much distinction between post-Mango, Tango and Apollo. Not like "any" Android phone is "guaranteed" an upgrade to the next OS version. Curious.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that OEMs have no problem releasing an Android device (or two) every month, without regard for what dessert is on board. Why so much distinction between post-Mango, Tango and Apollo. Not like "any" Android phone is "guaranteed" an upgrade to the next OS version. Curious.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

For all we know, Windows 8 is going to be a BIG leap from Mango. Further more, if current gen devices aren't going to be pushed to Apollo, it would make perfect sense for Samsung to wait.

Something else to consider is that, once WP becomes a household name, I'm sure OEM's will have no problems putting out devices frequently... once they have the confidence they'll sell.

Scumbag Samsung

Says they want Windows Phone 8

Will stick it inside reused Galaxy chassis

:p

Ha! :D Being honest, I wouldn't be too disappointed having a SGSII in disguise for a Apollo device. :)

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Ha! :D Being honest, I wouldn't be too disappointed having a SGSII in disguise for a Apollo device. :)

I'm dating a girl who has a SGSII. It's the first time I've had a chance to see one up close and, I have to admit that it's a damned nice looking phone (seems to work pretty well too). Definitely wouldn't object to having a WP available on that hardware.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Think they said the same thing a while back and then basically sat on their hands. Personally I think all these OEM's apart from Nokia are going to do the same thing with WP8 that they've done to date with WP7, which is the bare minimum. I definitely dont take the words quoted seriously, PR is one thing, executing is another. No ads, no Focus S equivalent for Europe says a lot more about their commitment.

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
+1 on theefman. Thats what i think about samsung aswell.. I Haven't seen a single commercial for there wp phones. In fact if i wasn't on this forum i wouldn't know they did WP mobiles at all.. But i see ads for Nokias wp almost everyday on tv, at bus stops in stores and so on. And i do see commercials for Galaxy SII, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Mini and Nexus..

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Wasn't it Samsung who said that they will give up on WP a few months back

They never came out and said anything definite about giving up Someone inferred that because they werent coming oyut with any other devices after the focus s. At least thats how I remember it! I am glad they are onboard for windows8 phones I am still thinking hard about the 900 but may wait for Apollo now if its going to be another 6-8 months.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm dating a girl who has a SGSII. It's the first time I've had a chance to see one up close and, I have to admit that it's a damned nice looking phone (seems to work pretty well too). Definitely wouldn't object to having a WP available on that hardware.

Absolutely. A friend of mine has one and it's fantastic... it's just a damn shame it's got a ugly OS on it. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers