What's your next windows phone?

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
If current WP's will run Apollo I think we'll know sooner rather than later so it doesn't impact on sales. If MS stay quiet then you can be assured it won't run on current tech.

Shame, I'm on a launch day Omnia 7 (very pleased with it too) and had been holding out for the Lumia 900 - but if it it isn't Apollo ready then I will have to wait as most of the contracts here in the UK will be 2 years. 2 loooooooooong years.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on My Lumia until Nokia makes a WP with the amazing camera from their 808.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll be looking at the Lumia 900 when it comes out as I find the Titan just a tiny bit too large and also I don't think HTC have bothered much with their designs; there's always a similar Android device that came out before it :)
The Nokia phones have me interested in the main due to the effort Nokia is making with both the phones and the apps; none of the apps appear to be half assed.
With regard to Apollo, I can't be bothered to wait; it could be 6-8 months before a suitable phone (for me) is released with Apollo specs so I'll just go for what I need right now.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying with my Focus till Apollo comes out. I was set on the 900 but decided to save some money (bought a jeep!!!) and wait for my free upgrade in October.

NewWindowsPhoner

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have the HTC Titan and even though my contract just started last November, I'm going to check out the Lumia 900 and the Titan II. If I feel they are worth it, I'll have to either pay full retail or just wait until someone comes out with a 5.3" Windows Phone. I just wish new models would be released here in the U.S. at the same time they release them to Europe. By the time they get here, the technology is old already.

CrannBuidhe

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My new phone

I currently have the HTC TITAN which is a tremendously nice phone to have and to use, but if I would have to buy a new phone in the near future, it certainly is going to be the HTC TITAN II. I am more than satisfied with my HTC TITAN and the WP7 OS. Just have become a huge fan of both HTC and WP7. After a couple months of 'research' I decided for the OS (WP7) first and the hardware was the the second choice to make. Now, both these choices proved to be absolutely on the mark.

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Omnia 7 now, I want a white Nokia Lumia 900 but I have to wait until the end of the year before I get a new one so there will probably be something better by then, if not then White Lumia 900... come to daddy.

feizai77

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the focus for almost two years. Can't wait any longer for lumia 900! Using wife's upgrade for it. The question is cyan or white? If they only had an orange one...lol. 10 more days

Bifurcated

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Trying to decide between Lumia 800 and 900. The 900 might be too big for me (looks like it will fail the pants-pocket test), but has some advantages like FFC. I will wait until I can get my hands on both of them to try them out. Any advice appreciated.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an update available in August, and I'll be waiting for Windows Phone 8/Apollo devices, probably made by Nokia. (Having owned an HTC Trophy for 3 months, I think HTC is alright and the Trophy is well-built but I also continue to think the Trophy has a weak antenna, which is an HTC thing and not a Windows Phone thing.)

If the Trophy has a weak antenna, then iPhone and Droids are worse. :)
I was recently at a family gathering in a restaraunt in the middle of nowhere. Two Verizon Droid Xs, a Verizon iPhone 4 and two Sprint Droids couldn't get a signal.

My Trophy was the only phone that could get a signal and get map directions. WP7 FTW!

And also... I want a Titan II, so hopefully big red gets their thumb out of their postierior, soon and gets some WP-riffic hardware.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
My current Samsung Focus is already out of contract on AT&T. I am waiting for the Lumia 900. I would like to wait for the Apollo phones but with 2 other phones on contracts with my family that is due to expire in December I could do a phone swap with one of them when Apollo phones come out.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying with my Focus till Apollo comes out. I was set on the 900 but decided to save some money (bought a jeep!!!) and wait for my free upgrade in October.

I have a Focus and was planning on buying a 900 too but decided to wait for Apollo too! But I sold my Jeep :) I just bought a new house and didn't want the extra payment from my Jeep.

anon(5325135)

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Without question and change of mind, Nokia Lumia 900 is my next phone. It is just amazing. Believe it or not, but I'm a fan of big phones. I can not stand phones with super small screens. I watch alot of videos, which is probably why.

But yet, it's an amazing device. I will be one of the first at line for the release. Hopefully there willl be a midnight release.

stonetipapps

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to get a Lumia 900...current contract w/AT&T runs through Aug. though. May wait 'til then...and Apollo? But I do want a gyroscope now! Got to use an 800 for a bit...really nice build and Nokia Drive, etc. Although testament to original WP7 OS specs, my Focus still seems to perform just as well on everyday apps/tasks.

RandyB321

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
With Windows Phone starting to find its place as an operating system, which phone are you looking to buy, or which have you just bought?
Not currently a smart phone user, I would love to jump on the new Nokia Lumia 900!! Alas, I'm a long time Verizon customer due to coverge issues with the other carriers where I live, and Verizon has chosen not to support Windows Phone in any meaningful way. What to do... what to do....

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
My next Windows phone is NOT a Lumia 900. It will be something better that has not been announced yet. I will get it at the end of this year ;)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My current Samsung Focus is already out of contract on AT&T.

You sign a 1 year contract? The phone came out 11/2010...so even if you were looking at only 18 months, you are still 2 months away from being out of contract.

i have a Samsung Focus, contract started 12/2010 so I still have a couple months to go until early renewal. If I had to choose right now, I'd go with the TITAN (bought that for my Sister on the Penny Sale), but I am looking heavily at what Nokia has coming...I agree in the effort they are putting forth with the brand shows they are going to stick by their technology.

sumedh

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
At present I have hd7. Going to get lumia 800 next week for mom. Titan next month for dad. Lumia 900 a month after , for me :-D .... This is my plan ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077