Htc hd7 ram size advantage?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello All, as you all know, when you look at the specs of most windows phones devices, you realize that HTC HD7 has a bigger RAM size than all of them even the newer 2nd gen and just announced phones (Titan II & Lumia 900). All of them are with a RAM size of 512 MB but HTC HD7 has a RAM size 576 MB.

My questions are, does it make any difference?
Is it an advantage to HD7?
Can it make it a strong candidate to receive Apollo than the rest of the 1st gen devices?

Any help?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
honestly i don't think it will make a differents.

im honestly thinking at this point that ALL the phones will get Apollo specially because they came out with a 250ram phone.

what im thinking is that the 250ram phones wont get Apollo . OR they will and any update after Apollo will get fragmented.

fraged OS will happen at some point , but honestly it be stupid if it already started specially that Apollo phones wont be that much better!

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
honestly i don't think it will make a differents.

im honestly thinking at this point that ALL the phones will get Apollo specially because they came out with a 250ram phone.

what im thinking is that the 250ram phones wont get Apollo . OR they will and any update after Apollo will get fragmented.

fraged OS will happen at some point , but honestly it be stupid if it already started specially that Apollo phones wont be that much better!

I agree

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
No, it does not make the HD7 a more likely candidate for Apollo.

RAM is not that important, especially in marginal increments such as 64 MB. I don't know why a lot of people think it is. (Maybe it's because it's heavily advertised and the easiest spec to interpret since the average joe consumer doesn't know the difference between Adreno 205 and PowerVR SGX 540.)

The processor and GPU is significantly more crucial. Even the ROM size, a spec not many people look at, is a lot more important. ROM is actually one of the most common reasons phones are not updated. Probably even more common reason than processing power. I hope the Gen1 WP had lots of spare ROM.

ETA: Let me restate that. Additional RAM is important relative only to the total amount RAM in the device. 64 MB / 512 MB is nothing. Also, any extra RAM after 4 GB is NOT important. Software at this time very infrequently uses more than 4 GB of RAM.

TheDoros

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah all your arguments are very factual and they make perfect sense. But a guy can dream can't he?

I'm honestly not expecting Apollo that way if I don't get it I'm not disappointed and if I do I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Sent from my T9295 using Board Express

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, it does not make the HD7 a more likely candidate for Apollo.

The processor and GPU is significantly more crucial. Even the ROM size, a spec not many people look at, is a lot more important. ROM is actually one of the most common reasons phones are not updated. Probably even more common reason than processing power. I hope the Gen1 WP had lots of spare ROM.

But talking of ROM all windows phone devices both 1st and 2nd have the same 512MB ROM so in a perfect sense all should be updated to Apollo. They just can't make an exception based on that. And how can one tell the GPU spec when buying a phone coz it's not listed like the rest? Thanks for your knowledgeable explanation once again ;-)

Sent from my HTC HD7 Windows Phone using Board Express.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss