Facebook App not sending Toast or Tile Count Notifications.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an HTC Arrive, and Facebook App has stopped sending Toast notifications and Tile Counts. Is this a known issue, a Facebook thing, or just me? I've uninstalled the app, restarted phone, and reinstalled the app, and still get nothing. Everything is correct in the settings menu. Help, please.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. I had an issue with the microphone during calls, and had to do a hard reset. Spent a day and a half downloading, logging in, and setting up my apps and accounts so my phone was set back up just right. I really don't wanna have to do that again.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Its an issue on Facebook's end. Their notifications are pretty bad on every platform. Works sometimes, not most of the time. Only works well on their site. You'd think with how huge that company is that they would pay more attention to mobile.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Ironically, after 3 days, 15 minutes after I posted this thread....BAM...everything started working.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
HA! Now its the opposite. Now my tile count is stuck at 2, and I haven't had any new FB activity in over an hour.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
it's been randomly functional for me since the FB app update. some days the tile count doesn't show anything all day long despite a ton of activity, and other days the counter just keeps going up with new activity but never resets when I go into the app and view/respond to the new postings. yes, it is sorta annoying but, in the overall I'd say that it's not really that big of a deal for me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I just use the people hub my only issue with it is it seems to randomly search for news in the middle of viewing a post.

robobonobo

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Having this same issue with new lumia 900. Haven't had a tile count or toast notification from facebook yet. Toggled the options on and off in the app, reinstalled, logged in and out, turned the phone on and off and nothing yet.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Its an issue on Facebook's end. Their notifications are pretty bad on every platform. Works sometimes, not most of the time. Only works well on their site. You'd think with how huge that company is that they would pay more attention to mobile.

100% incorrect. Facebook Notifications are fast and consistent on Android, iOS, and Blackberry. It's not a Facebook issue, and I'm pretty sure the push notifications on WP7 do not come directly from FB. Notification speed and consistency on WP7 is generally slow and volatile. It's already been demonstrated several times by myself and others.

@ OP Redo your facebook connection. Last time I did mine Windows Live asked for an additional permission regarding facebook notifications. It won't make them faster, or more consistent, though, from what I've experienced. I think it gives the phone the ability to clear notifications you check. But at this point, it's worth trying anything.

It probably hasn't stopped, it probably is just slow. Facebook for Windows Phone is usually 5-10 minutes behind other platforms in getting the PUSH Notifications to the user. I wonder if Microsoft's PUSH servers are overloaded? This has been an issue pretty much since launch.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
100% incorrect. Facebook Notifications are fast and consistent on Android, iOS, and Blackberry. It's not a Facebook issue, and I'm pretty sure the push notifications on WP7 do not come directly from FB. Notification speed and consistency on WP7 is generally slow and volatile. It's already been demonstrated several times by myself and others.

@ OP Redo your facebook connection. Last time I did mine Windows Live asked for an additional permission regarding facebook notifications. It won't make them faster, or more consistent, though, from what I've experienced. I think it gives the phone the ability to clear notifications you check. But at this point, it's worth trying anything.

It probably hasn't stopped, it probably is just slow. Facebook for Windows Phone is usually 5-10 minutes behind other platforms in getting the PUSH Notifications to the user. I wonder if Microsoft's PUSH servers are overloaded? This has been an issue pretty much since launch.

your information is usually incorrect too.

Catherine Tait

May 11, 2013
Visit site
your information is usually incorrect too.

I don't think you should take that personal? I have used android with Facebook and what that guy said I can confirm as true. Facebook on android is fairly prompt at getting notifications to an android phone. I have switched to a lumia now and not yet received one single toast or widget count from the Microsoft Facebook app. Using windows phone 8 on a lumia 720

Tamellingham

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I've never managed to get any Facebook notifications working on my Lumia 800, ever.
I have used both Android and Blackberry (Bold 9780) , and never had any issues - the Blackberry especially was fantastic. Was in the same room as somebody when they messaged me, and it came through the exact same second they hit the button.

Windows 7 is hopeless. But it's May 2013 now, and I don't think this will ever get sorted. I recommend we all upgrade to a different platform, and ditch Windows phone, until its actually useful for social.

MaXi32

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow, today is 26 october 2013 and we sill have this problem. The toast notifications will only show up after several hours not immediate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss