Adding icloud mail account to windows phone

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
When I had my Focus Flash, I tried adding my iCloud email account to the phone and it never seemed to work. I'm just wondering if anyone has been able to do it, is it even possible? Im only wondering because after they released iOS5 I started using that as my main email address, and would like to keep using it.

bentheoandrews

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Yup, I'm using it.

Set up as imap.

Type email address where required

Incoming server
imap.mail.me.com

username
<you>@me.com

Password

Outgoing server
smtp.mail.me.com

Tick boxes for
outgoing server requires authentication
use same username and password
Require SSL for incoming
Require SSL for outgoing

Hopefully that should get you up and running. Is working fine for me.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Any way that this could work 'As item Arrive' like hotmail or gmail mail????

thanks!

jcr

I also have icloud and it sucks in my opinion. The quickest you'll get your mail is 15 minute increments or manual sync. Plus lately on my mobile devices it's icloud has been acting a bit weird. At least on my end. I've been using apple mail services for about 5 years, went through the whole mobile me and then this icloud. I don't really like the way it's laid on and the reliability in my experience has been flaky. So last week I started slowly getting everything setup to my gmail account. Plus I like the way the calendar and all the other things google offers works.

SilentHarp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Wp8

I got everything working with Windows Phone 7, and could only get it to work with Windows 8 by not requiring SSL on outgoing mail, but I can't get this to work for Windows Phone 8 for love nor money.

I receive incoming mail fine, but it wont send anything back out.

Any thoughts?

Ingo Harpel

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
At Windows phone (this case nokia lumia 920) it works quiet well by giving eMail and password, without any server settings, they applied automatically.
For calendar etc. i am in testing :)

rosser

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I'm using it.

Set up as imap.

Type email address where required

Incoming server
imap.mail.me.com

username
<you>@me.com

Password

Outgoing server
smtp.mail.me.com

Tick boxes for
outgoing server requires authentication
use same username and password
Require SSL for incoming
Require SSL for outgoing

Hopefully that should get you up and running. Is working fine for me.
Thanks for this!!!

emermira

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Queria manter meus contatos e agenda do Icloud, como fa?o para configurar isso no nokia 920. Pois tenho iphone com filhos e esposa e fazem a agenda e atualiza em todos dispositivos. Assim se conseguir sincronizar isso vai ajudar muito.

Fabse Es

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

First of all. Good that this board is here. I have switched from apple (iPhone) to a Windows Phone, the Lumia 925. But I have also a mac and using the mail for years. So I wanted to install it on my new lumia as well.

At first there were many problems and it doesn?t work for me. Then I changed the configuration! NOW it works very well! Heres my config:

Incoming mail:
p06-imap.mail.me.com

Outgoing mail:
p06-smtp.mail.me.com

SSL ON for booth!

Loginname: your apple username without the "@me.com"
email-adress: your fully address "urname@me.com"

It works for me immediately! So great! Best thing I?ve ever done. Lumia is great! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos