Would you want the blinking green/red LED when you have a new text? (POLL)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you sleep, ****, eat dinner, jog,... while looking at your cell phone? If so, then high five. But for people who don't want to miss notifications, but don't want to have to look/hold their cell phones around the clock, it would be nice.

I don't need notifications when I sleep. They can wait... do you wake up at 4am to reply to a e-mail? lol

eat dinner = they can wait!
i dont jog! but i should , lol but if i did job i would have music playing and the sounds would tell me :)

do you look for a light when you jog/sleep/eat dinner?? if so you might have a PHONE ADDICTION problem. ROLF!

to Check if a light is blinking or look for a live tile update.

Id rather lose 2secs of time looking for the notification then loses 1hour of battery time.

+ My cell is Always in my pocket so it's easy to access it.

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Do you sleep, ****, eat dinner, jog,... while looking at your cell phone? If so, then high five. But for people who don't want to miss notifications, but don't want to have to look/hold their cell phones around the clock, it would be nice.

Yes I Do! Thanks for noticing!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
LED just an other battery drain
I think an LED would actually help to save some battery life, depending on how you use your phone. I'm not exactly an expert on LEDs, but I'd guess that turning your screen on for a few seconds probably uses more power than having an LED blinking all day. If you can just check for the blinking light rather than turning the screen on you'd save a little power, not to mention a second or 2.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think an LED would actually help to save some battery life, depending on how you use your phone. I'm not exactly an expert on LEDs, but I'd guess that turning your screen on for a few seconds probably uses more power than having an LED blinking all day. If you can just check for the blinking light rather than turning the screen on you'd save a little power, not to mention a second or 2.

your probably right on that ,

but if you see a blinking LED light , will you simply ignore it? or will you open your screen?

if you turn on the screen your back to the battery problem,
if you ignore it, then whats the point of having a LED notification?

know what i mean jelly bean? lol :cool:
catch 22

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

but if you see a blinking LED light , will you simply ignore it? or will you open your screen?

catch 22
It's not a catch 22 though. If you look at your phone and there is no blinking led, then you don't activate the screen. As it is now, if I walk away from my phone or if it has been in my pocket in a relatively noisy place, etc..., I have to bring up the lock screen just to see if I missed a text. This would remedy that.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

catch 22
I'm not saying I would ignore it, I'm saying that if I had one then I wouldn't have to unnecessarily turn on the screen just to see if I had any messages. Saves a bit of time :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well ether ways its not a BAD idea to have it , I personally never really use it on any phone before , that's all.

honestly if people want it , then I hope they put it in the next phones.

rather have to many options then not enough :) :lol:

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
A blinking LED uses a truly minuscule amount of power.

My BB is blinking at me right now. I think, on balance, it saves battery power. If the phone is sitting on my desk not blinking, I'm not going to pick it up and check for mail because I know there's none. If it is blinking, I'll look at it when I get around to it.

When my SIM is in my Radar, if it's sitting there on the desk I don't know if there's mail waiting or not, so I'm more likely to pick it up at random times just to check. I don't use a sound notification because I get enough emails in the course of a day that I get tired of hearing that.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My Arrive blinks a green led when I miss a call.

Honestly, there are only two ways that blinking green led works for me. Either I'm wanting to see if I have missed anything and I don't want to stare at my phone waiting for it to blink when i could just press the power button real quick or I end up ignoring a call while I'm driving and then the light blinking means I need to turn the phone on and go into my call log to make it stop.

Thuoudo

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely, yes.

Add functionality or an app like BeBuzz plus different ring/blink profiles, and it would be fantastic. Calls blink white, emails blink red, texts blink blue, notifications blink green.

INB4justgetaBlackBerry ;)

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
When I first changed phones I thought I would really miss having LED notifications. Turns out I don't.

I check my phone for the time usually so I tend to pick up what ever messages or emails then. Another way to look at it is if I was too busy or otherwise occupied to hear/feel the notification and didn't have time/bother to check the phone; I wasn't going to respond to it right then anyway.

cdbstl76

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No thank you

I turn off my ringer and noise notifications of all sorts... If I want to check for a message, I will check. Sensory overkill in my opinion. I have a BB for work. I hate that flashing red light. I guess I wouldn't care if my WP had one, but I would like the option to disable it. Definitely not a feature that I would care about plus or minus.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I would rather it was like the iPhone and you could set repeat reminders if you still haven't checked the text.

Blinking LEDs can be very annoying.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you sleep, ****, eat dinner, jog,... while looking at your cell phone? If so, then high five.

High five reciprocated!

I did vote yes, though. As long as the notification light can be highly customized, I am for it. In my experience, they can be rather annoying to some people.

I would love to see a light indicating that I have unread toast notifications, and a good way to access them.

The other 98% of my waking hours, my Windows Phone is no further away from me than 18 inches. ;)

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I voted no as I find the feature more irritating than useful, especially when I can't look at the screen but I can see it blinking at me; for example when I'm driving it is so annoying see a light blinking but no able to do anything about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers