Would you want the blinking green/red LED when you have a new text? (POLL)

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Title is self explanatory. Would you want the green/red LED to blink when you have an unread/new text message?

I say yes. No reason not to. I hate how it's available for the phone but not text. I text 1000:1 text:phone calls. True story.

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Why not if it's available, but I'm going no. Usually have audio confirmation on and just don't need it. I forget the LED is even there.

unit_three

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Even my first flip phone had a blinking light. I was hoping Mango would have fixed it. Still hoping Apollo fixes it. Would like the option to have it for emails also.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Really more interested in Email as I miss that the most. I am not even sure if we have LEDs to blink even if they could on all the Windows Phones.

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend who usd to use a BB phone. I got so irritated by the constant blinking, I would make them turn the phone updside down so I couldn't see it. Drove me nuts! hehe

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who usd to use a BB phone. I got so irritated by the constant blinking, I would make them turn the phone updside down so I couldn't see it. Drove me nuts! hehe
The constant blinking is there to remind you to take action on the notification. So, instead of flipping the phone over, he could, you know, read the text.

I voted YES, however the end user should be able to disable it. That way everybody wins.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't be bad. I thought I would miss it, but really I don't. The bigger thing is though, even if they put it in the OS build. The problem is that most WP don't have an LED light on them. I know my Samsung Focus Flash doesn't have one.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The blinking led is one thing I miss about my droid. I found it to be really handy. I can go either way though. After eight months without the led I don't miss it as much as I used to.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
As long as I can disable it. Some days that sucker would be on more often than off. Some texts are new related, etc., as well as some emails from my junk account are not pressing. Don't need a blinking light for those. Lock screen works fine.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I voted no, I've been about a year without it now and haven't missed it at all, not even when I first got my arrive. The lock screen works just fine for the purpose, don't understand all the "I need it so I don't have to see if I need to turn on my phone" chances are if you're picking up the phone you're going to turn it on and be on it anyway.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't need or want a battery draw. I'd prefer a recurring audio (like on my microwave ;)).

My Playbook has an iteresting "glow" notification option which slightly "lifts" the corner of the screen to an underneath glow. I can have this plus a blinking LED, but I use the glow setting only. I cannot block both, but the glow-only helps conserve battery life, and the glow is on only when the screen is not dimmed of course. The blink is actually useless because I flip the convertible case lid closed when I'm not using the device.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
the GIANT 1 on my live tile and the blinking happy face is obvious enough for me to know I have a text. i know some people need a NUKE to go off to notice anything , lol. ;)

LED just an other battery drain, + I regularly check my phone so i don't need a light to tell me I have notifications.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you sleep, ****, eat dinner, jog,... while looking at your cell phone? If so, then high five. But for people who don't want to miss notifications, but don't want to have to look/hold their cell phones around the clock, it would be nice.
the GIANT 1 on my live tile and the blinking happy face is obvious enough for me to know I have a text. i know some people need a NUKE to go off to notice anything , lol. ;)

LED just an other battery drain, + I regularly check my phone so i don't need a light to tell me I have notifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte