Anyone else having issues with the Me tile?

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm also seeing that the What's New list doesn't show all the notifications. So, if two people comment on a post, the What's New list only shows the first person.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Still broken.
I also can't see preview pictures in Pictures that are on my skydrive. So no folder preview, no sublfolder preview, only when I click and open the file. Skydrive app works fine though. Very annoying.

We need an OS bug list. So MS can fix these things with 7.8.

rluka

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same issue, but in my case, it seems like the application had trouble sending the notification reset (internet connection problem). After checking the notification and opened one, then wait for a while, finally the tile would recognize that the notification has been read.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine still doesn't work despite opening and waiting for my notifications to clear. There should be a way to let notifications expire after so many days.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm also seeing that the What's New list doesn't show all the notifications. So, if two people comment on a post, the What's New list only shows the first person.

This is the most annoying thing with ME tile and I had to eventually just remove it because it did not solve the purpose.

The ME tile flips and says '5 new events' and when I tap on it, go to notifications there is just one new notification. Why? Because it doesn't want to tell me about the other 4 people who did the same thing as the first one!

This is integration for nothing. I used to be proud of integration but now I am just ashamed. Cannot show off my tiles any longer! :(

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Me Tile broken notifications

I have been having this same problem since I upgraded my Lumia 710 on T-Mobile to Tango. I have tried everything to fix the problem, uninstalling apps on Facebook website, resetting the phone, deleting and adding the accounts on the phone, making sure the Microsoft app has appropriate authorization on Facebook website, manually refreshing the notifications, waiting for notifications to connect and clear, resetting the notifications on Facebook on the computer, disconnecting and then reconnecting Facebook to my live account from windowslive.com, making sure the reconnection has full privileges, etc. Nothing seems to work. Microsoft needs to fix this, pronto. This is a key feature touted in the OS and it is annoying that it has this bug now. Mine has been like this for about a month now.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Add in another +2 here. Both mine and my siters Lumia 800s are doing it.

Mine was fine until I updated to Tango. My sisters phone was doing it before and after the Tango update so I'm not sure it's related.

Very annoying. Same problem as everyone else, me tile will tell me I have notifications even though I checked them already and the "whats new" page only shows the first event in a thread and not the others until i manually open it.

This is clearly a bug affecting many people and needs sorting.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not Tango, or any update, related. That would mean my phone had received an update this year, and the useless T-Mobile are ensuring that isn't the case.

I just hope it's not something that does need an update to fix, because that guarantees I'll never get it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to say it is a syncing issue between Facebook and Microsoft. I notice the same issue with the notification. I also noticed that when I went to FB on my PC and cleared my notifications there, it cleared my notifications on my "me" tile.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
With constant changes on Facebook's APIs I think tighter integration or even maintain the current level of integration with WP is going to be a massive challenge for MSFT. It just doesn't seem to be working 100%.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 710 had this even before Tango, which is why I forced update no thanks to TMobile. I still have the problem, so it's Facebook WP notification issue.

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to say it is a syncing issue between Facebook and Microsoft. I notice the same issue with the notification. I also noticed that when I went to FB on my PC and cleared my notifications there, it cleared my notifications on my "me" tile.

Yeh I noticed this too. It's as if notifications are arriving in but nothing is being sent back to FB to clear it.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine seemed to be working properly yesterday, I was just too afraid to mention it in case I jinxed it. This has only taken how many months to fix???

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks good to go so far, also they need to either close the other thread or merge them. No need to have two threads on the same topic.

That might only happen if in one of the threads you criticize WP! It will be locked in no time ;) Otherwise, multi-threads aren't an issue on this forum! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro