Turn off Twitter notifications on Me Tile?

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I really like having Twitter tied to my account so that I can easily update, but I don't want the notifications showing up on the Me tile.
I run a blog and I use Twitter exclusively for that purpose. I don't personally know any of my followers and I get a lot of people Tweeting at me. I'd rather not see "75 New Items" when I turn on my phone when 73 of those are just people commenting on a blog post I Tweeted out. I'd rather use the me tile to keep track of Facebook notifications only.
It's not a huge concern, but it's a little annoying.

Is it possible to turn that off but still have my Twitter account tied to my Live account for quick updating?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Try this: in your people hub settings go to Filter my contact list and uncheck Twitter, then check Only show posts from people visible in my contact list. This removed all twitter posts from the feed in my people hub, may filter through to the Me tile.

Actually just realised this will completely remove all twitter updates so probably not what you want. Unless you are ok with that.

trickym81

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I just tried that and it may have worked.... Thanks!

EDIT: I'm okay with it removing all Twitter updates. I usually use Seesmic to check Twitter, so I don't need to see the updates twice. I only want my Twitter account tied to my phone because it makes it quicker to update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05