speech to text issue/network

mjrshred

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys. I have a Focus on the At&t network and I tried the talk to text today, which i use all the time, and it says it cannot connect to network. I spoke with my mom who has a Focus flash on the At&t network and she has been having the same issue since yesterday. Has there been any one else running in to this issue? is there a fix?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Its probably a signal strength issue with their towers maybe they are working to upgrade to LTE or something like that!

russshoe

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here in Grand Rapids MIchigan AT&T told me Sunday my phone was shot so under the warranty they are sending me a new one I have a LG Quantum C900

wganz

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday afternoon (Nashua, NH) and thought it had something to do with the update I pushed onto my phone. However I just verified today that a phone that has not been updated also has this issue.

mjrshred

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Still having the problem and At&t said I was the only person to have this problem so I should try resetting my phone. Other then that they don't want to help

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had this problem on AT&T all day long. Traveling from Oklahoma City to Kansas City. I assumed maybe I was having connection problems, but now that I'm in KC with excellent reception (cellular and wifi) it still does not work and tells me it can't connect to the server.

Last edited:

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Used it for the first time yesterday; no problem in CT. The problems you are experiencing seem to be spread out geographicly so I doubt it is any one issue. It could be downed tower, poor location and maybe even low battery.

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Unless all the towers between Oklahoma City and Kansas City are down, I doubt that's an issue. My phone was plugged in each time. So that's not an issue. And I've tried with full bars with same result. Also should not be an issue.

wganz

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Just so everyone is clear, this is only an issue for me when using Cellular Data. If I'm using WiFi then it works just fine.

Last edited:

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I hadn't turned wifi on since I got to the hotel. You are correct. It works over wifi. My apologies.
I take that back. Am now wifi connected and still getting "couldn't connect". Turned wifi off and it worked over cellular. Turned wifi back on and got "couldn't connect". So to spam the thread with updates, I get the same "couldn't connect" sporadically on either wifi or cellular.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Focus Flash AT&T via Net10 Sim Card Location West Texas

was not working at all yesterday both wifi and cell data

Wifi is working today, no problems when speech searching etc. " Find Whatever"

Cell Data not working "We can't connect to search right now" Check your cell data or wifi connection

No problems with any other Speech Command..Speech To text is working..But "Find or Search does not over cell data connect". Wifi Works just fine..

Wonder if it is a AT&T network problem..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99