8107 software and free USB tethering for Samsung WP7 devices

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
After many months of disappointment regarding updates and certain features on my Samsung Flash with AT&T, I decided to take thing into my own hands. Thanks to many dedicated sources I was able to interop unlock my phone as well as debrand it for free. Now without any problems whatsoever I'm currently running the 8107 software. I also to other steps to enable usb tethering, once again for free!! It is obvious that AT&T has no plans for updating older (and some not so old phones) so my suggestion? Do it yourself and enjoy your windows phone the way it should be!!! All methods I used LITERALLY took less than 10 minutes to complete, although IF YOU ARE already running the official 8107 update you can't unlock your phone without first rolling back to at least version 7740. Anyone interested in taking control as I have, please let me know as I will post information so you can avoid reading through hours of internet pages or spending any money!! :cool:

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone interested in taking control as I have, please let me know as I will post information so you can avoid reading through hours of internet pages or spending any money!! :cool:
I've got a Focus Classic and am on At&T. Will it work for me? I'm definitely interested!

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Focus Classic and am on At&T. Will it work for me? I'm definitely interested!
yes it will!! Just a moment and I will post instructions.

*I do not in any way take credit for these method.

*AT&T does not recommend these actions.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Get 7740 and 8107 update for Samsung Focus S and Focus Flash

Please note that this will unlock and debrand your phone.

1) Open your mobile browser and go to: http://www.kremese.sk/debrand_focus_s.zip
2) The file will be opened. Follow the instructions and tap on ?debrandfocuss.xml?
3) Press Start
4) Navigate to Phone
5) Dial ##634#
6) Type *#9908#
7) Select DebrandFocusS
8) Press Save and Reboot

After that, connect to Zune and you will receive the 8107 update.

After selecting the correct file you'll go to a blank webpage, continue with step 3

*Note: The 8107 stops the tool from working, so if you re-lock your phone after update, you'll have to go back to 7740 version before being able to unlock again!!!

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
1) In diagnosis mode (phone dialer) dial *#7284# and a dialogue will pop up letting you change the settings from Zune to modem or ?Modem, USB dialog.?. You want to go with ?Modem, Tethered Call?. It will restart you phone after a few seconds. Once it restarts, connect to your PC over USB and drivers will be installed on your computer. Now go to your connections on your PC and you?ll see that a Samsung modem was added.

2) On your PC you need to change the setting for the Samsung modem. If you set it to prompt for user name you?ll be able to put in the login info. This is all it is for AT&T:
number: *99***1#
user name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
password: CINGULAR1
Go to connect

3) You should add
AT+CGDCONT=1,?IP?,?wap.cingular?
into Advanced tab in modem properties as an Extra initialization command. No spaces!! But do use punctuations.

*If you don't see your phone for the modem go to "Network Settings" and choose to create a Dial-up connection. Continue with instructions.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If you find this information useful, please hit the "Thanks button"!!! Also leave comment and let me know how this works for you or if you have any questions!! :cool:

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
thanks again! notice that file name is for Focus S. that will still work for original Focus?
Yes, any Focus device. I have the Focus Flash myself.

Also, Also if you intend to use tethering, only use the usb method to avoid detection by AT&T. Although I have had no problems, there are some online reports of people getting e-mails from AT&T to stop tethering or switch to a plan that includes it, so use tethering at your own risk.

Samsung_Focus

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
help!

I am getting error 628 when i try to connect? please help!

1) Open your mobile browser and go to: http://www.kremese.sk/debrand_focus_s.zip
2) The file will be opened. Follow the instructions and tap on “debrandfocuss.xml”
3) Press Start
4) Navigate to Phone
5) Dial ##634#
6) Type *#9908#
7) Select DebrandFocusS
8) Press Save and Reboot

After selecting the correct file you'll go to a blank webpage, continue with step 3

*Note: The 8107 stops the tool from working, so if you re-lock your phone after update, you'll have to go back to 7740 version before being able to unlock again!!!

Last edited:

kaliman_solin

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
After many months of disappointment regarding updates and certain features on my Samsung Flash with AT&T, I decided to take thing into my own hands. Thanks to many dedicated sources I was able to interop unlock my phone as well as debrand it for free. Now without any problems whatsoever I'm currently running the 8107 software. I also to other steps to enable usb tethering, once again for free!! It is obvious that AT&T has no plans for updating older (and some not so old phones) so my suggestion? Do it yourself and enjoy your windows phone the way it should be!!! All methods I used LITERALLY took less than 10 minutes to complete, although IF YOU ARE already running the official 8107 update you can't unlock your phone without first rolling back to at least version 7740. Anyone interested in taking control as I have, please let me know as I will post information so you can avoid reading through hours of internet pages or spending any money!! :cool:
I've got the T-Mobile HTC Radar. Can usb tethering be turned on for this device?
Also, I have OS Ver. 7.10.8107.79, how do I roll back to 7740?

Thanks in advance for any input.

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

2) The file will be opened. Follow the instructions and tap on ?debrandfocuss.xml?
3) Press Start
4) Navigate to Phone
5) Dial ##634#
6) Type *#9908#
7) Select DebrandFocusS
8) Press Save and Reboot

Hi, i have an Samsung Focus S AT&T, Can this procedure remove the AT&T sim lock?
I Successfully do this procedure to the Focus 917! But i'm afraid with the Focus S because i heard that this procedure disabled couple of this(3G Data,Internet Sharing).

Thanks for Info.

Waiting for you Reply! :)

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this will disable your 3G data. Good news is all you have to do is download Wireless Manager from the marketplace, toggle between 3G/4G (or just select 3G if its the only one showing) this will fix the connection problem. I have not had heard any recent problems about internet sharing, but I can't confirm this since I don't have it enabled through AT&T... Hope this helps, let me know if there are any more questions!

P.S Do this first if you plan on getting the official 8107 update as it disables your phone from being unlocked. So don't do the unplug connection trick!!! And yes I believe this will SIM unlock you as well.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i have an Samsung Focus S AT&T, Can this procedure remove the AT&T sim lock?
I Successfully do this procedure to the Focus 917! But i'm afraid with the Focus S because i heard that this procedure disabled couple of this(3G Data,Internet Sharing).

Thanks for Info.

Waiting for you Reply! :)
Answered above.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Also, this MAY get you the 8112 and 8773 (tango) update as well, if not THEN do the unplug internet trick to get 8112 then again for 8773. Please respond to let me know if I've helped any. ;)

ocvillanuevaz

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this will disable your 3G data. Good news is all you have to do is download Wireless Manager from the marketplace, toggle between 3G/4G (or just select 3G if its the only one showing) this will fix the connection problem. I have not had heard any recent problems about internet sharing, but I can't confirm this since I don't have it enabled through AT&T... Hope this helps, let me know if there are any more questions!

P.S Do this first if you plan on getting the official 8107 update as it disables your phone from being unlocked. So don't do the unplug connection trick!!! And yes I believe this will SIM unlock you as well.
Well i?m in version 7.10.7720.68, i dont have the phone right now.

I still have not connected the phone with zune, AT&T Didn?t release an update after 7.10.7720.68 for focus S?

I understand that I will proceed with the steps so that the phone is unlocked and even after upgrade right?:)

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Things like this are what carriers use as an excuse to get rid of unlimited data, lower data caps, and charge more per gb of data. If you want to unlock to get the update, that's all well and good, but if you are going to use services, pay for them cause I don't want to pay more because of your tethering.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Well i?m in version 7.10.7720.68, i dont have the phone right now.

I still have not connected the phone with zune, AT&T Didn?t release an update after 7.10.7720.68 for focus S?

I understand that I will proceed with the steps so that the phone is unlocked and even after upgrade right?:)

You SHOULD have the 7740 update as well (final Mango build) but anythings possible with AT&T. Yes, once the phone is unlocked this 8107 will NOT re-lock your phone.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Things like this are what carriers use as an excuse to get rid of unlimited data, lower data caps, and charge more per gb of data. If you want to unlock to get the update, that's all well and good, but if you are going to use services, pay for them cause I don't want to pay more because of your tethering.

This is USB tethering, not over wifi, not the same as turning your phone into a "hotspot" which is what AT&T charges for. I you enable internet sharing AT&T WILL start billing you.
:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise