Windows Phone and a car head unit that play nice

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
HTC HD7!

Hey guys, I am currently in the market for a new car head unit or stereo. I went in the store fully intending to purchase a Pioneer 8400 bluetooth unit; however, after testing the unit my phone found it, but the devices refused to interact.

I then proceeded to try other bluetooth units and to my dismay, I couldnt get any of them to work properly. I then went into what should be a forbidden zone for me, somewhere I should never set foot: the LCD/Nav unit booth.

I know, I know, it was a giant mistake. I walked up to the Pioneer AVH-P2400BT and it saw my phone (by name) almost immediately. In a matter of seconds I was playing music and even took a quick call. It was easy to use, easy to navigate, and has an awesome and gigantic screen. With all the necessary addons, such as wiring, adapter, and antenna, the price got bumped considerably and I am, once again, wondering if I really need this monster of a unit.

So, my question to all you is: does anyone out there have a bluetooth unit that interacts nicely with their Windows Phone 7? I really loved the hands free part, and the streaming radio part of the AVH-P2400BT and though the pricetag was high, I was told that any head unit I choose would be subject to the addon prices.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I got a pioneer from best buy for my wife's vehicle that works fine with my Trophy. I think it's a 6400 or something along those lines. It's got a usb port for iphones also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes