5 apps that fill in the gaps of wp7 OS.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. It surprises me when I see people harping on about "lack of apps" on WP. They clearly haven't been brought up to speed.

Or they need specialized apps. LexisNexis (legal research) only offers an iOS app; LogMeIn (remote contact with my work computer) only offers an iOS app; iOS has a monopoly on the good fencing scorekeeping apps; etc.

Also, Angry Birds Space.

The situation isn't as bad as some make it out to be, but pretending that there's no discrepancy between WP app selection and iOS app selection doesn't help anyone.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
eric- This setup works well for me and I thought I'd share it for anyone else who would like more functionality.
just curious- why wouldn't you want to search a number from the dial pad..or save an image to your phone..or save an important or frequently called number to your contacts..or be able to see your tasks in an easily readable month view?

Last edited:

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
instagram would be nice though. :)
Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it on the platform :)

I use Apict at the moment which does a decent job, as does Fotoroom, but a bunch of people I know use Instagram and it would be nice to have that integrated social photography experience with them. Given that there were rumours of the app hitting WP before Android, I can't help but think that it is in the pipeline.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
nice post, i too sometimes feel like there arent enough apps on our os yet, but fact of the matter is, there are good replacements for pretty much all of them, except words with friends, lol

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Or they need specialized apps. LexisNexis (legal research) only offers an iOS app; LogMeIn (remote contact with my work computer) only offers an iOS app; iOS has a monopoly on the good fencing scorekeeping apps; etc.

Also, Angry Birds Space.

The situation isn't as bad as some make it out to be, but pretending that there's no discrepancy between WP app selection and iOS app selection doesn't help anyone.

AB Space is coming they are working on it. As far as other "big Name" apps MS has indicated this year they are allocating major resources towards getting those that have not started devloping for WP to get started with that. Fast case which many state bar associations offer as a freebie to members as a benefit is only ios and android. With win 8 tablets coming later in the year these are things that need to be addressed i for one would like to be able to put my bankrupotcy filing software on a win 8 tablet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs