Mobile should ask for security password confirmation before doing hard reset

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I have recently discovered this defect in the windows phone OS. I tried to hard reset my samsung omnia w and was shocked to see that the OS didn't ask for any security password before proceeding to hard reset the device. This is a big defect, the mobile could be reset by anyone other than the user. Hope this defect would be addressed as soon as possible.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have recently discovered this defect in the windows phone OS. I tried to hard reset my samsung omnia w and was shocked to see that the OS didn't ask for any security password before proceeding to hard reset the device. This is a big defect, the mobile could be reset by anyone other than the user. Hope this defect would be addressed as soon as possible.

Not a defect..

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
How is that a defect what if you lose your password you have to throw the device in the trash. The object of password protection it to protect your data. If someone gets my device I want them to hard reset it. I doubt you will find much support from anyone thinking this is a defect.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Have to agree that this is not a defect. I've never understood why some phones require it. Most phones have a button combination to do a hard reset anyway. Maybe I'm missing something?

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
How is that a defect what if you lose your password you have to throw the device in the trash. The object of password protection it to protect your data. If someone gets my device I want them to hard reset it. I doubt you will find much support from anyone thinking this is a defect.

Its also not a defect because nothing is defective. It would be a design flaw if it were a problem

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
The security on your lock is your security.

If you unlock your phone for somebody else to use and they hard reset, probably shouldn't have let them use it. I dont see a way to accidently hard reset unless a 2-year is messing around which is still unlikely.

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok.. This may not be a defect but this is still a must-have feature which is really missing. What if you accidentally or just for the sake of exploring, hit the hard reset and lose all your precious data on the mobile ?. Don't you think there should be the provision of security confirmation before hard resetting the device?.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. This may not be a defect but this is still a must-have feature which is really missing. What if you accidentally or just for the sake of exploring, hit the hard reset and lose all your precious data on the mobile ?. Don't you think there should be the provision of security confirmation before hard resetting the device?.

seems a bit much to accidentally go into settings, accidentally about phone, accidentally scroll down, accidentally hit reset.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You get a huge windows asking Yes or No to confirm the reset and telling you your data will be lost. Choose No if you dont want to reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs