Anyone else had a random reboot today?

dukrem

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So I was just using my omnia 7 today (specifically the words by post app) and the phone spontaneously rebooted. The device was stationary on the table, nothing of note that could have caused it. It has never ever rebooted in the entire 12 months I've owned it.

At first I thought nothing of it but not 2 minutes later the exact same thing happened on my wife's htc mozart (she was not even in an app so I've ruled that out). Again, she was not moving it, its never happened on her device before.

Any ideas on what could've caused it? Can phones be rebooted over the network?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
MY Sansumg Focus likes to do random re-boots once in a while.. but its pretty rare ... maybe once every 2 months it just reboots for no reason.

other time I have it reboot doh cause of an APP or game ,, ill download a new game/app , open it the first couple time and it crashes my phones.

thats pretty much all the issue I have with reboot

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
MY Sansumg Focus likes to do random re-boots once in a while.. but its pretty rare ... maybe once every 2 months it just reboots for no reason.

other time I have it reboot doh cause of an APP or game ,, ill download a new game/app , open it the first couple time and it crashes my phones.

thats pretty much all the issue I have with reboot

HTC's never random reboot, must be a samsung thing... =)

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've seen about 3 random reboots on my HD7 since I've owned it in November. Haven't seen any since 8107 + latest firmware update tho.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I had it happen to me twice today on my Focus, and both times was in the Twitter app. I'll probably reinstall the app, but I've had the app for several months and this has never happened before.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Had one today. I tapped on something in the people hub a facebook posting and the phone turned off and came back on nothing changed on the screen no reboot issues kind of startling at first.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My HTC Mozart would reboot anytime I had Location turned on. At first it would reboot after 10-15 minutes and then heat up a bit. I phoned HTC, and they picked it up and returned it within 3 days and replaced the PCM board. Hasn't restarted since and I've never had a problem with the Lumia 800. If you find that it reboots often, check the Location status or if 3G is at that time and if the phone gets warmer than usual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers